CD Players

Don’t try it with the Star though. I got through 3 before giving up and going down the Nova/CT6000 route

1 Like

Not very well, it’s a CD Rom drive that’s prone to hissy fits.

1 Like

@anon70766008 - can you post a link to where we can read your discourse on I Know It’s Over? Would enjoy perusing… :grinning:

This thread has morphed into a chat about anything it seems!

It’s the G force. :roll_eyes:

I’ve suggested to pubowner @Pete_the_painter that he should organise Happy Hours with cheap virtual drinks in the The Grand Cafe - #13965 by solwisesteve in order to attract community members who polute other topics.

3 Likes

Happy hour is any hour.

1 Like

The thread has rather taken on a life of its own that is far removed from the original topic. However, most appear to be enjoying it, so I’m not going to prune it back (where to start or end?) however, I might suggest here is a good opportunity to get back on topic?

2 Likes

It’s always “Happy Hour” somewhere in the world…:melting_face:

1 Like

Unless you have to drink Castlemaine XXXX :frowning:
Sorry Pete, but I know Australians do not rate it.
Guess it was Australia’s revenge, on us whinging Poms :blush:

1 Like

I’m never happier than when listening to my CDS3. Back on topic @Richard.Dane !

This thread gives me the chance to ask a question.
What is your favourite type of cd mechanism and why?

1. Tray/drawer
  2. Slot loading
  3. Fixed eg/ Rega Apollo/Saturn
1 Like

Fixed, always seems more solid, quality, but just perception.

Downside is they need to be on top really. Other than that I would agree.

2 Likes

I did hear and play around with a few tray loading Accuphase cd players and the top transport……quality and sound not in question. But price was above Rega etc

There was always a reassurance when a Teac VRDS mech locked down the cd.

2 Likes

Remember the old Pioneer “stable platter” models. Always wondered why that died a death.

3 Likes

Hi Gazza, have you had a chance to listen to the new 2 box Accuphase CD player at your ‘second home’ yet? :wink: Best Peter

I listened at Signals at an Accuphase open day……we sat at the front……we did not like the sound, particularly the high end. A move around other rooms listening to some wonderful Accuphase gear we ended up listening to the high end two box player towards the back of the room……Soo much better, a bit of a revelation…….left me wondering what that transport would sound into other dacs……if you wanted a customised sound like Naim, Chord etc

1 Like

We’re they the ones where the disc went label side down and sat in a platter that was the full size of the disc?