Chord GroundArry plugs

You absolutely right … I also realized if i’m listening after hair cut…it also sound better,

2 Likes

In the past we really had upgrades in the devices to enjoy more of the music, today we have magicians because there is no longer anything to upgrade

I was surprised to notice a big improvement using a plug on the RC5in on my NAC552DR. I added a second DIN plug to an unused input and a third plug to my CD555DR, both with further incremental improvement although the first was definitely the most impressive.

2 Likes

Used to be a Bryce Curdy on the telly. :thinking:

It’s not me. He was an STV presenter who appeared between programmes to tell the audience what was coming up. But I did choose my Username after him. Long story.

Thats what I have on the 252 (two 5 DIN). I also found the second Aray to not have the impact of the first.

Running out of sockets on my other kit for any more. I toyed with getting a BNC and putting it on the Superline, but that’s a relatively expensive experiment, given that the gains seem incremental after one (on one box). Tempting to try - and remove the second from the 252 which would leave two but each on different boxes. Hmm.

Glad it’s not you. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I ended up with two ground arrays on the 552, one in the redundant RCA and the second in a redundant din socket. The first was a fair improvement in cleaning up the music, the second was not as noticeable but there was an improvement. We tried a third but there wasn’t enough of a change to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

Cheers @Polarbear.
I think I’ll stick, then.

2 Likes

Pretty much my experience. One GA (RCA) a lot better than none, two (RCA + DIN) somewhat better than RCA only but little to be gained from a further DIN.

Off topic but has anyone tried ground optimisers. Similar but plugged into the mains. I could swear that they sucked that ‘atmosphere’ out of the Chet Baker funny Valentine performance on the Enja label

Plenty of room in this one. :rofl:

1 Like

Just fitted an RJ45 to my EE8 switch. Nice upgrade to my system :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This is the area I’d really like to try one.

1 Like

It’s a clear upgrade Marcus. The better low level resolution and general cleaner sound surprised me. I’d say I’m getting around half of the big mains upgrade that I got recently going from Chord Sigx to Music-on my S1 and for a lot less money. Another way to quantify it would be to say that it’s brought a top streamed recording to where an equivalent CD rip played through Core sounded before. Somewhere around that level of improvement. Defo not snake oil!

2 Likes

Thanks!! Your results are what I’ve been hoping to hear. I stream pretty much 100% of the time and figured anything I can do upstream can’t hurt.

2 Likes

If you buy one please report back. I’m as sure as one can be that you’ll be happy with it.

1 Like

I will. I was hoping to get one of those new Chord power blocks as well, but they aren’t available in North America yet.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Which of those plugs do you use right now?