Chord GroundArry plugs

Plugs? Do you mean which fitting for the GroundARAY? If so RJ45……

1 Like

@Cohen1263 quick question if thats ok? With such an amazing system why core? I demoed core vs melco and chose melco and have since upgraded to N10/2 SSD. I felt it was a no brainer. You did not I guess? Would have loved to stay with Naim but was not remotely close in my system/ears blah blah.

2 Likes

You are correct Steve. I didn’t compare and just went with the dealers suggestion. They were adamant that Core was better. Maybe they had a bunch in stock that they wanted to shift :-). To be honest I listen to vinyl most and my Streamer sounds great and allows exploration of lots of new music. Ripped CD’s third in my pecking order.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard about your vinyl rig, it would be my top choice as well. I can dream!

1 Like

Yes i mean GroundArray…so you use only for your switch…and what about the rest did you already tried?

Just the one. A friend knows the top guys at Chord so I heeded his direction. He was told go for the switch one first as it’s the most significant upgrade.

2 Likes

I’m a couple of weeks into the two that I’ve got. The improvement across the whole spectrum is frankly quite remarkable. Cleaner detail, sparkly top end, tighter and more controlled bass and the whole dynamic range and cohesion is up a gear or two. In fact playing some loud prog-metal to test the dynamic range exposed no shortcomings at all.

2 Likes

Exactly…These were also my feelings as you describe.

2 Likes

Maybe I should cancel my holidays in one week and buy instead 2 Chord ground array? :joy:

5 Likes

Do both, live it up!

3 Likes

I noticed that I need to raise the volume up much more after adding those plugs …much more cleaner much more volume you need

2 Likes

Whats your explanation for that then?

Better sound …everything sounds calmer and I like to hear louder so I raise up volume

2 Likes

Just read a review in HiFi+ that you can download on the Chord website. Pretty much sums up what those who’ve tried them have been saying.

3 Likes

I have quite some Entreq ground boxes which I’m super happy with that bring similar improvements but am curious on how these perform. Maybe need to borrow a box and try em out…

You’ll excuse me if I don’t find that a convincing argument.

1 Like

But of course, Gary, we’d expect nothing less. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. It was very informative and aligned with my findings. It’s been a very worthwhile refinement in my system :sunglasses:

1 Like

I so want you to try one :wink:

1 Like

To be fair, we already know the result.