Chord powerhouse m6 or S6

I mean change the connector on my existing cable. I think I won’t be able to do it myself.

I brought you desire and appetite to buy an M6 :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

The supplied cable is good enough to get you started, in fact I weirdly preferred it to the more expensive Chord cables we tried, my dealer agreed.

1 Like

The supplied cable is not for free… any Chord cable is an additional charge

2 Likes

I get that. Their Signature line was never my favourite. I prefer a £15 Belden Catsnake to their Sig Ethernet in my system. Same goes for the SigX mains cables. I bought several and regretted it. It dems well with a very “showboat” type sound but proved to be somewhat fatiguing over time. The Epic is in fact more to my tastes.

The Music mains cable is another matter and level altogether and one on the M6 really works really well IMO/E. I have bought my Music mains cables one by one after a trial each time. I currently own five and plan two more.

4 Likes

My dealer must like me, no charge here. Just checked some other dealers and confirms, in UK, comes with entry level mains cables in the box.

1 Like

Agree that putting a Music on the M6 was/is sensational and, although not cheap (!) was absolutely worth it, IMO.

i have an expensive Kharma cable that i like a lot. I doubt very much that i will prefer a cheap one to it.

1 Like

There are many discussions of the upper end of the Chord cable hierarchy but it seems (to my perception) that the conversation often jumps from Signature to Music - why is Sarum often left out of the reckonings? I know there are Sarum (T) users and there have been conversations specifically about that range but when comparisons start, it seems the options considered are often between Sig and Music.

Would Sarum T not be a more price appropriate high end option for the M6, Music perhaps being somewhat overkill?

As I understand the “only” difference between Sarum T and Music is the outer material. Which is crazy expensive to make but the wires etc are the same.

Not IMO. Music is quite a lot better than Sarum T although the latter sounds more like Music than Sig in character.

I wasn’t suggesting you would @frenchrooster just trying to be helpful. I’m sure you have a wonderful cable.

1 Like

Less noise as a consequence so better sound. Have a listen to the comparison if you get the chance

1 Like

Too expensive for me so will not do it :sunglasses: But I’m sure they are great.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting Music isn’t better. I just wonder if, in the case of selecting a cable for M6 and considering its price point, it might be easier to accept the performance reduction of Sarum vs Music rather than being completely dissatisfied with the performance of Signature when compared to Music.

1 Like

Good point

I’m really enjoying the SigX with the M6 and also their Sig ethernet cable. Even though I noticed a very long break in time. No sign of fatigue and I’m listening for many hours. I’m using ChordMusic interconnects and speaker cables and they are absolutely fantastic cables but at the moment I can’t see myself buying Music power cables for each unit and M6. Powerlines are still great cables. So I don’t dare to see what they are doing. SigX for M6 is a significant upgrade in my system.

1 Like

In my experience, signature X is the sweet spot in the Chord range in terms of performance v value.

I agree, Sarum T is tremendous and when used with the M6 really elevates its performance (as it does with a Radikal, 552 and 500, amongst others).

Music simply goes to a whole new level, but at significant extra expense.

3 Likes

True but surely it’s all relative. With a full 500 level system I can’t think of a better way to upgrade for the cost of a full Chord Music loom. My S1 is fabulous but I’d go 552 with the Music cables. Just my opinion of course and as so many conflict it’s not worth much to anyone other than me :joy:

2 Likes