Chord powerhouse m6 or S6

Never think it’s your final step.you’re addicted as me for the rest of your life….it’s like drugs

3 Likes

I will very probably buy in the next years some better Chord cables or power cords. But a big step as Nd555 / 555 dr and M6, for around 20 k, will be my last big step because I will be on retirement in 8 years, when my next credit bank will expire. I doubt my bank or another will accept a credit, with interesting pourcentage, when you are on retirement.

1 Like

Those guys near Felixstowe have a nice 2018 ND555 head unit (no 555 psu) for £9750.

I agree that the cost of these cables is high but if you like what they bring then the cost is relative. I haven’t bought a single hifi component over the last year just Chord Music cables and the M6 block. But my system is definitely giving me more listening pleasure than it did a year ago akin to what the S1 brought over 552. I’ve also tried every cable before buying via a home loan. None have gone back.

4 Likes

I am searching a good bargain combo, to have an Nd555 with twin ps and don’t look other thing after that.

4 Likes

What do you mean? Does it come with a cable in the package or not?

My M6 came with a very basic cable - now replaced with a MCRU ‘The First’ cable. Excellent combination.

My dealer did not supply to me any cable

1 Like

I have just checked in the box for my M6 and no cable in there (I have acquired a signature cable to replace the epic I was originally supplied with)

You mean Epic was supplied together with your M6 ?

Apologies - the epic was an extra which I chose to replace with a signature. Shouldn’t have mentioned it :grimacing:

I bought an M6 and Music power cable earlier this year and was very impressed, but my dealer’s Christmas gift was to loan me one of the new ChordMusic Power Aray Professional units. I’d say it makes a bigger positive contribution than the M6 and Music power cable, frustratingly. It’ll be a wrench to give it back after Christmas.
:santa:t2:

3 Likes

Sounds exciting but at the same time understand your frustration… How did you connect the new unit, in your M6 or directly in the wall socket ?

Hi, what is this power Aray? I’ve seen a photo, I’m not entirely sure what it is and what it does. I can’t find anything on the internet about it.

I agree. Fortunately I’ve bought mine. I’ve experimented with where to plug it in and have settled on the ring main that my Router , 2 x switches and Core are plugged. That’s as opposed to plugging it into one of my four dedicated supplies for hifi or the M6 block.

1 Like

Details are a bit sketchy as yet - but, as I understand it, it is a unit that is designed to suck noise from the mains (from fridges etc) to the benefit of one’s audio. Same principles as used in the array things that you can plug in to spare sockets in your amp, router, switch, source, pre amp…

Thank you Tim. It’s a journey we’re on and we’re all just “tapping” into mains and also Ethernet cables, switches…where will it all end…got to go…the Men in White Coats are here for me!!!

Happy S1 Christmas!

3 Likes

Can you post a picture? I don’t find it. And how much it costs? Thanks

1 Like

Search for ‘chord poweraray professional’ at the moment it’s mainly available for the asian market. Prices with different cables can only be found in ¥ therefore I’m curious too.

1 Like

With Music cable attached the Power Aray Professional is £7k I believe. A lot. Although the Music cable alone (0.8m) would probably be around half of that.
My dealer says that the Chord guys are not giving much away about what’s inside, but he said that the Power Arays in the Professional unit act on the mains in a different way to Power Arays in the M6, which apparently is why they can’t be included in an upgraded version of that unit.
@Cohen1263, I’d be interested in your experiments with the unit. My dealer said best results come when plugged into the M6, but your experience is different. I’ve found there’s a startling improvement in clarity across the whole frequency range when plugged into the M6, but I’m wondering if it’s actually a bit too much? Certainly the difference is enough for me to consider altering speaker positions. The unit’s tucked away and not that easy to access in my system, so interested to hear other experiences before I consider where else it might have a greater effect. I have Melco N10/S10/ADOT fibre in a separate room away from the main system (not on dedicated mains), so thinking the Professional Aray might work better in that context.
A few days off over Christmas so I’ll maybe have time to try a few options. Of course the unit’s brand new too, so maybe that comes into play? I’ll report on progress if anyone’s interested.

2 Likes