Chord powerhouse m6 or S6

Hi Jim

You must try plugging the PowerARAY into both M6 (on your dedicated supply) and into your house ring where your Melco etc are then come to your own conclusions.

I think that it’s a great piece of kit used either way but in my home, with my mains arrangement, I get a slightly better uplift fitted on the ring. I hate to speculate but if pushed I think that the Router and switches being on the ring are effected more from mains noise as they don’t benefit from a certain isolation that my Hifi’s dedicated supply provides.

Happy listening and please report back :+1:

1 Like

How is it connected to your ND555?

Hi @D.L
The Melco N10 connects to S10 and from that switch there’s a long run of ethernet cable that’s hidden in the walls. I am not a great fan of piles of audio equipment in the living room (I know, Naim’s not exactly the minimalist choice).

Not found, but the response from Monkey is enough for me. Too expensive.

Why not connect your Melco to the M6? Have you tried or you don’t have enough space on your Fraim?
My Melco is on the hifi powerblock, sounding much better than on a cheap powerblock where is connected my tv and other non hifi components.

Try your desired search engines image search. I get plenty results there.

Maybe the new Chord PowerARAY Plug is more interesting for you. Available in the EU. 675€

Why not post a picture if you found it easily?

There you go…

1 Like

Egged on by comments here, I moved the on-loan Power ARAY Professional from the M6 to a socket nearby, but just part of the apartment’s normal socket rings rather than on the dedicated audio ring. I was expecting to lose some of the immediacy of what I heard with the ARAY in the M6, I did. But in its place a richer tone, still with great bass definition, dare I say more natural sounding and less incisive hifi sounding. I will continue the experiment. I am pleasantly surprised.

You’re welcome :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Because I respect copyrights

1 Like

thanks!

Ah sorry, didn’t thought of that. I confess not respecting them because if it can be seen worldwide on google, why not on a forum? But I am aware of the rules however.

Just to clarify, all S6 and M6 units do come supplied with a basic 16amp mains cable in the UK but it does not come in the box as it does not fit. If you purchased a superior cable at the time of ordering a PowerHAUS, your dealer may have rightly or wrongly assumed you do not require the basic cable.

1 Like

My block M6 lately I add gave me what I lacked before…a stability in the sound from day to day that I really lacked before.

3 Likes

They called M6 block…wrong…it’s an open mind (music)

M6 unblock ?

1 Like

Who is the guy who told me I’ll smile after installing the M6 ​​…I want to give him a big like

4 Likes

I’ve had this monster on home trial/audition for the past couple of weeks. It’s not going back.

Does what Chord say it’ll do (in my system anyway)

Been demo’ing with Epic mains lead but will probably order Signature.

I was sceptical but then I swapped it out for its predecessor and didn’t need any more convincing.

7 Likes