Concerts Planned for 2023

Extreme and living colour, Electric 6, Jesus Christ Superstar and Elvis the musical so far

Puscifer this Saturday.

2 Likes

Did see a few clips of them at Glastonbury……looked fun.

1 Like

I have seen Toyah before - and she is sure to make it fun. Robert… doesn’t really do ‘fun’, ordinarily, with King Crimson. But… together… :rofl: :crazy_face:

I think some have seen too much (of) Toyah :joy::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes… Do you think she is a bit of an… Exhibitionist… maybe…? :thinking: :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Was in Glasgow for Iron Maiden. The band played well but too many songs that were too similar and they only played 15 songs.
Not a patch on Rammstein.

1 Like

The Analogues - Hello, Goodbye, the best of the studio years. Dutch Beatles recreators, Birmingham Symphony Hall, 24th September. Don’t usually go for tribute bands, but these guys are supposed to be spot on (and no silly wigs :joy:).

Just booked tickets at Royal Festival Hall for November 4th for ‘An 80th Birthday Party for Bert Jansch’. Guests include Martin Simpson, Jacqui McShee, Bernard Butler, Kathryn Williams, Sam Lee and some up and coming young singer called Robert Plant

1 Like

Coldplay in Milan, on 29th June @ San Siro stadium with my daughter Ginevra.
Great performance, impressive show; Chris Martin has always a great voice.
Good opportunity to listen again to my favourite album (Parachutes) on my favourite gear (Naim), once back at home

4 Likes

Iron Maiden tonight

Belle and Sebastian later this month

The National in September

Teenage Fanclub in November

We’re supposed to be at Iron Maiden tonight :slightly_frowning_face:
I hope its a great gig for you, please post a review tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

In a word: epic.

The Future Past tour is Maiden at their finest. Bruce is in great voice and the setlist is a cracker, clearly reflecting the band’s desire to show off some of their versatility.
The staging was superb with back projection, lasers, pyro and multiple cameos from Eddie.
Highlight of the night for me was Alexander the Great, a live debut on this tour and my all time favourite song from my all-time favourite Maiden album.
In fact “Somewhere in Time” contributed no less than 5 songs to the set, including the rarely performed “Stranger in a Strange Land” which was also brilliant.
They topped it out with raucous renditions of “The Trooper” and “Wasted Years” and left us all wishing for more.
A great night for the fans and the casual listener, featuring one of the great bands on what might be their last go around.
A night to remember

3 Likes

You can neve have too much of Toyah

3 Likes

Cara Dillon, September in Newbury

Err… have you watched any of their SundayLunch YouTube’s…?

:astonished: :flushed: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, I do worry that the poor girl will catch pneumonia through all that lack of clothing and I hope one day the audience at a gig will give her some vouchers for Damart underwear

2 Likes

Lana Del Rey at Hyde Park with my daughter this weekend - she’s a huge fan. Massive huge unexpected bonus is Father John Misty has just been announced as supporting which makes it a far more interesting proposition for me!!

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park tomorrow. Third time on what has been a great tour. Some complaints about a static set list but Bruce and the band have been on fire. The tightest I’ve ever seen them.

4 Likes

Kiss last night. Iron Maiden Friday, Hollywood Vampires Sunday. Then at the end of the month Tom Jones in Margate (bus ride from home). Last of the year is Elvis and the RPO.

1 Like