Concerts Planned for 2023

Just booked for Lady Blackbird at Koko 29/7. Alert to @crispyduck

1 Like

Oooh!

I know this should be a new thread for 2024 but I’ve earned massive Daughter Brownie points today …

Taylor Swift Wembley tickets on the first day of release!!!

She is still in shock and can’t believe it

5 Likes

Nice! Currently listening to her recent re-release of Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).
I hear she’s one of those performers that WOW the WHOLE audience, meaning not just the Fans, but the “Parental” chaperones😊

2 Likes

I’ve heard this too but believe me, I will not be invited to attend. Daughter has friends that would kill me for these seats. At best, I will be on Taxi duties.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

My daughters over the moon she got access to pre sale tickets through a sponsorship with employer. She managed to get 4 my granddaughters are currently on their best behaviour. :rofl::rofl:

Apparently over 4m people in Aus tried to get tickets. She’s the hottest thing on the planet.

3 Likes

“She’s the hottest thing on the planet.”

Now now Pete. I’m sure you meant to write "Apart from Mrs Pete ".

Isn’t language a wonderful thing?

I would agree that her tickets are the hottest thing. At present, the promoters are only selling to those who have a pre-sale code because they bought ‘Midnights’ - I think it had to be on vinyl. It certainly explains Taylor’s role in boosting vinyl sales!

2 Likes

That’s a different kinda hot. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I bow to an Australian’s experience of heat - you would know!

1 Like

Dominique Fils-Aimé in Zürich/Moods (November 28th). I am happy to hear her live together with my son. Her albums „Three little words“ or „Nameless“ are very nice audiophile recordings and worth to listen.

2 Likes

Following her great gig at TAM in Elephant and Castle last Friday, next up

ESE AND THE VOODUU PEOPLE
“Jazz Is What We Say It Is!”
Pizza Express Holborn August 15.

Gonna be a good night!

6 Likes

Yes it will be @steviebee - a new two-part show. A lot of planning has gone into this one!

1 Like

May get there early to get something to eat.
You going to be on the BGT judges panel seats again? Good for photos (and recordings I guess).

Can’t remember if we have to book a table…

PS Excited!

Kiefer Sutherland at the O2 Ritz Manchester last night. Me and my eldest daughter had a fab evening with Kiefer. I love his songs and he’s certainly got a very talented group of musicians around him - guitar-fest and and a great drummer too. Highly recommended. Bluesy, country, rock, I guess. I’ve been listening to his latest album Bloor Street for some months now after hearing an interview with Kiefer on Radio 4.

1 Like

Sir Tom at Dreamland Margate 5 mins from home.

1 Like

Tangerine dream Manchester october

1 Like

London Jazz Festival November. Currently: Charles Lloyd, London Brew (both at the Barbican), Irreversible Entanglements at EARTH Ackney and maybe Marcus Miller on the Southbank. Anyone else going? No doubt @TheKevster will be reviewing a few.

Paul McCartney in Newcastle (Australia) in October this year. Never seen any of the Beatles looking forward to seeing Paul with Mrs Pete and some friends.

1 Like

At the Notting Hill Arts Club, 10th August. Amoing those taking part are the very wonderful Indigo Gypsies and Ese & The Vooduu People.

1 Like