Concerts Planned for 2023

Not sure if it was their last performance, but I remember being Machine Gunned by the KLF at the Brit awards in 92. Plus there was the dead sheep.

1 Like

Ain’t no afterparty like a dead sheep party :partying_face:

And burning a £1m party.

1 Like

I’ve got some pix somewhere.

Had an email yesterday from BA, noting that I had 25000 Avios points from a link to an old credit card. Complete surprise, and the email said use 'em or lose 'em, so:
Matthew Halsall, Passionkirche, Kreuzberg, Berlin, November 3rd. Return flight cost me just one of your finest English pounds.

5 Likes

Ese and The Vooduu People
A Vooduu Journey
Temple of Art & Music (TAM)
Elephant and Castle

This Friday.

“Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag me away…”

4 Likes

And tomorrow night, Siouxsie at The Troxy… :kiss:

Cup. Runneth.

4 Likes

Just booked to see Cellar Darling…!

https://www.cellardarling.com/shows

Seeing PiL for the 6th time at The Tivoli in Buckley this coming Saturday (16th September) and I’ve just booked for The Pretenders at Content in Liverpool in Oct and The Jim Jones All Stars at Future Yard in Birkenhead in November.

15th October - Cara Dillon - Music Room @ Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool
20th October - Ellie Goulding - Manchester Academy
18th November - The Prodigy - First Direct Arena, Leeds
23rd November - Laura Veirs - Leaf, Liverpool
24th November - Hue & Cry - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
26th November - Kenny Thomas - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
17th December - The Unthanks - Tung Auditorium, Liverpool

Also considering Karnataka, Peter Hook & The Light, Gary Numan, Hania Rani.

3 Likes

Recommend Peter Hook. Interesting to hear Joy Division stuff done by a full-tilt rock band.

2 Likes

Added Karnataka in Chester on Friday night. In these days of £100+ arena tickets I think £16.50 is a bargain. The smaller gigs/venues are often the best.

Looking forward to this, seen him a couple of times before.

OCTOBER 14TH 7:45 PM

Malvern Theatres is delighted to welcome Milos back to the theatre in October.

MILOŠ is one of the world’s most celebrated classical guitarists. His career began its meteoric rise in 2011, with the release of his international best-selling Deutsche Grammophon debut album ‘Mediterraneo’. Since then, he has earned legions of fans, awards, and acclaim around the world through his extensive touring, six chart topping recordings and television appearances.

Programme to Include:

Bach Prelude BWV 1007

Couperin Mysterious Barricades

Barrios La Catedral

Scarlatti Three Sonatas

Rameau The Arts and the Hours

Duplessy Amor Fati

2 Likes

Been listening to Lloyd Cole’s latest offering - via Qobuz - since it was released end of June.

Last night, finally took the plunge and bought a copy, both format, vinyl and CD.

Lloyd Cole : On Pain. Released June 2023.

Also bought tickets to see Mr Cole on his forthcoming Autumn tour.

Lloyd Cole (and also with The Commotions) has been a long standing favourite for both my best mate (my wife) and myself. We’ve seen him live quite a few times over the many years, back to the 80’s, etc.

A lot of his solo material is great, simpler arrangements, mostly acoustic. The joy of this latest album is that he is playing material with a band again. It’s brilliant. So, we’re really looking forward to the concert. We already know it’s split into two sets : (1) acoustic ; (2) electric band, etc. And the band includes two former colleagues from the Commotions. We can’t wait for the concert date.

KR
R

1 Like

Just returned from seeing Cellar Darling. Very good…! Small venue - back room of a pub - in Milton Keynes. Got very close to the stage - any closer and I would have been on it… :astonished:

Photos will follow… tomorrow… :wink:

Some pictures of Cellar Darling, taken 8th Oct’23, at the Craufurd Arms, Milton Keynes, UK -

Great concert by Skipinnish in Stamford.
They had to find a new singer at short notice as the regular one Norrie his wife had delivered her baby early. So Jamie from Beinn Lee was drafted in. It was only his 2nd concert , learning all the songs at short notice is no mean feat

Is anyone going to this at Night Tales Loft in London?
1117-SQ

Does this constitute a “concert”?

Who cares, I’m being brought to it on 3 December in London.

Considering I was born a rocker and brought up on Deep Purple, Bowie, Status Quo, 10cc (though my taste has improved hugely and widely since then :rofl:) I think these guys are one of the greatest pop bands of all time (the awful “Fernando” and “Chiquitita” notwithstanding!).

Oh and it’s nothing to do with the fact that Agnetha is just gorgeous and that I will be drooling most of the evening! “SOS” indeed!!

4 Likes

@LSLFAN I’ve heard wonderful things about this show from people who have been and experienced it first hand - I’d love to go myself! Funny how tastes vary - “Chiquitita” is one of my favourite Abba songs, mainly for Agnetha’s vocals.

2 Likes