Concerts Planned for 2023

Taking Mrs Brighton to this in November. Going for the matinee performance. Quite a few friends have since joined the party, so hoping for a great night (afternoon!).

Everyone I know who has gone to it before has loved it :grinning:

3 Likes

Would be great if you could post your impressions after the event.

I visited Stockholm with family in 2018 and checked out the ABBA museum at which a prototype of this was being demonstrated - they seem to have developed it significantly since. I have been fascinated with seeing the technology as it is now.

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Will do. Will avoid spoilers !

1 Like

1st November - OMD album launch at Camp & Furnace, Liverpool.

When bundled with the Deluxe CD the ticket price is about £6. It’s only a short 40 minute set but still a bit of a bargain I’d say!

3 Likes

@SiBrighton @LSLFAN - I’ve seen it. You are in for a real treat. It is a stunning show, an incredible technical achievement. It’s a great venue too, with excellent facilities, sight lines and sound.

3 Likes

Thanks Kev, looking forward to it even more now!

2 Likes

Just bagged a ticket for Peter Hook & The Light tonight at Olympia in Liverpool.

Playing both the Joy Division & New Order Substance albums in full to celebrate their 35th birthday

3 Likes

Europe

IMG_0103

Wednesday 18th October - UK – Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall

Edward

I concur, went last night, loved it. Quite an experience, amazingly well done, and an enthusiatic crowd

1 Like

My “better half” and I are going to London this weekend to see Kristin Hersh at St John on Bethnal Green. Really excited about it as I think she’s superb.
I believe Kristin is going to play mostly solo stuff and a few more recent Throwing Muses songs.

1 Like

A friend offered a spare ticket so…
New Model Army - December, Nottingham

Far from Saints (Kelly Jones, lead singer Stereophonics, in a folk/country trio) November 2023.

Andras Schiff at the Alte Oper in Frankfurt on Monday 30 October

2 Likes

28th wedding anniversary today, and the lovely Mrs R presented me with two tickets to Kate Rusby’s Christmas show at Birmingham Town Hall on December 16th. Ho ho ho! :grin:

1 Like

Off to see Lloyd Cole on the 12th Dec in Sydney. Second time I’ve been able to see him last time ironically was at the Basement and there wouldn’t have been no more 200 people in the audience.

4 Likes

Wishbone Ash perforing the complete Argus at a small dive club in South Florida…I got front row ticket 3 feet from the small stage.
Not bad for $50USD

5 Likes

what is he playing?

He will announce his program from the stage. Maybe it will be similar to Eindhoven last February which was great. I’m looking forward to it though

1 Like

@JosquinDesPrez et al

The Brad Mehldau Trio is getting ready to embark on their first cross-country tour of the US in over 4 years.

The trio reunited this summer for a few festival appearances.

NOV 8 / LOS ANGELES, CA
WALT DISNEY CONCERT HALL

NOV 9 / SEATTLE, WA
THE NEPTUNE THEATER

NOV 10 / BEAVERTON, OR
THE RESER SOLD OUT

NOV 11 / BERKELEY, CA
ZELLERBACH HALL

NOV 12 / BOISE, ID
THE SAPPHIRE ROOM

NOV 14 / MILWAUKEE, WI
BRADLEY SYMPHONY CENTER