Concerts planned for 2024

@steviebee Hi Stevie you expressed an interest previously. Well here’s your chance. Terry Reid is playing a small U.K. tour this autumn. Dates you will likely be most interested are Jazz Cafe on September 24th or Putney October 7th.
Might well be the last chance to see this legend.
Prem.

3 Likes

Hey thanks @Premmyboy!

Much obliged for the heads up

:+1:t3:

1 Like

Keane in May at the O2
Other half wanted to see them, have to say I haven’t listened to much of theirs - everyone tells me I will like them.

Will be seeing Svalbard here in Sydney in May.

Off to see Ryley Walker at Cafe OTO in Dalston in September

2 Likes

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in June, can’t wait for that, and then in September a Pink Floyd tribute band named The Darkside of Pink Floyd. I don’t know anything about them, it’s the location that sold it to me, it’s taking place in Carnglaze Cavern. It is underground with an ambient temperature of 10 degrees celsius. Should be interesting.

3 Likes

I saw Ryley at Cafe OTO in Jan 2020 just before COVID landed, magical gig, but a pig of a journey by car from Woking, will ponder this one, always see him when he visits, maybe Ramsgate this time, here’s a pic from the 2020 gig at OTO:

Thanks for that. I’ve seen him a few times over the years culminating in a gig at the Village Underground in Shoreditch (pre-Covid) which I left early as his ‘issues’ led to a chaotic performance. I then saw him at The End of the Road festival in 2022. He had cleaned himself up and put on the most amazing performance so hopefully that is still the case. When on form he is a first-rate singer-songwriter and brilliant guitarist

Don’t delay - Ramsgate Music Hall is a great venue and they get some unbelievable bands there as no one plays in Kent. I have seen The Delines and Daniel Lanois there.

But it is a kiosk about the size of a front room. Get there early stand at the front and you’ll be right next to Ryley. As I was with Daniel Lanois.

Huge car park across the road from the hall.

OMG ! chuffed and excited!! manged to get tickets for Faithless at the Roundhouse, london on 14th june - there only uk date.

2 Likes

Is it Faithless without Maxi Jazz? (From a long time Faithless fan)

Well I guess it will have to be.,hopefully rollo and bliss will do the job.

This is a group of young classical musicians formed on an ad-hoc basis with an established player as leader.

Last year at the Spring Festival another group of musicians ( on the same basis and same name ) put on a very enjoyable concert

Thanks for the tip, sounds like The Keep in Guildford, where Ryley has played in the past, up close and personal!

1 Like

Off to see David Gilmour at the RAH in October

4 Likes

Looked at the ticket prices Chris and I thought nah… especially given that the single is so feeble. Maybe I’ll regret not going but still, at £250 for a decent seat it’s too much to risk!

Entirely agree Kev but I have a significant birthday tomoz so my brother got me it as a present. I wouldn’t pay £250 from my own dosh. I did see Dave the last time he played there and it was utterly brilliant. He played ‘Great gig in the sky’ in the first time for aeons and I did have a speck of sentiment in my eye for that

2 Likes

One of the dates falls on my birthday (9th October) Chris, so maybe some kind friend or family member will oblige! I saw DG once in 1984, then in 2001, 2002 (three times), 2006 (three times), 2015 (three times) and 2016 (four times) so maybe I’ve seen him enough. :joy:

1 Like

Thinking about going to this concert in the fall…

1 Like

2 Likes