Concerts planned for 2024

@TheKevster

By hook, crook, zimmer or stick, I’ll be there :+1::rofl:

1 Like

It’s a great venue The Crazy Coqs - been a few times Kev. Cocktails by table service definitely helps!

2 Likes

It’s gonna be quite some show Chris. Ese wanted a fire-eater – sadly the venue nixed that idea. Fire and velvet drapes are not a good mix… :rofl:

3 Likes

Just about to buy a ticket Kev but realised I’m seeing Lady Blackbird that night as part of Chaka Khan’s Meltdown festival. Oh well

1 Like

Don’t worry, Lady Blackbird will be on again soon…:laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

A good friend recently recommended Jasmine Myra, a young Saxophonist, composer and band leader.

Been playing her latest album past few days, Jasmine Myra : “Rising”, (2024). This, her second album, just released 3rd May 2024. Then realised she is currently touring.

Anyway, instant hit (for me) and immediately decided to go see her live - currently on tour with new album material. So, we are off to see her band play soon.

“We”, as in, me and my best mate, ( my wife). She loves the Saxophone, particularly played the way Myra does things.

3 Likes

For some years, I’ve been a massive fan of The National.

In fact, The National : “Laugh Track”, (2023) has been one the most played albums in our house, since its release last September.

As an aside, also like what The National did with Taylor Swift (never thought I’d use that phrase) on “folklore”, (2020) and “evermore”, (2020). Which are brilliant albums, no doubt for the contribution from the boys.

My adult daughter, who is also a fan, has bought us all a bunch of tickets to go see The National - in July - at one the few outdoor concerts they are doing across the U.K. in the summer.

Going to concerts is so much more fun as a shared experience with friends or family. I’m so excited.

4 Likes

Happy 40th Chris :beer:

I wish!

3 Likes

Happy 50th then :roll_eyes::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll take that :roll_eyes:. Cheers!

2 Likes

Snap ! See you there……

Saw him in 2016 and it was a strong contender for the best concert I’ve ever seen.

Read an interview somewhere recently where apparently he declared that he won’t be playing anything from the 70s in the upcoming tour. Seems a shame if it is true….

1 Like

Mercury Rev are touring in March next year so have got tickets to see them at EartH in Hackney. One of my favourite bands in my favourite London venue :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Going on the Friday…never seen DG before so hoping for a good show…I’m with you on ticket prices…but some artists are getting to an age when opportunities to see them are disappearing fast.
Fingers crossed for no rail strikes that week!
Steve.

1 Like

Happy (belated) birthday. :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Pete - I’ve joined the 60 club!

2 Likes

GoGo Penguin tonight at the Bristol Beacon.

2 Likes

Saw Jesse Cook last Friday at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the south bank (just upstream of the London Eye). Great venue and great concert.

2 Likes

Antonio Forcione concert in Basingstoke (!) this Friday and BritFloyd in November. Not seen either before but have had some great feedback of them.

3 Likes

Should be good with the Antonio gig - the one time I’ve seen him was at a Naim-sponsored gig held at a Salisbury ex-church/arts centre.