Steve Hackett - Mobile Alabama

2 Likes

Going to see Moby at O2 for 25th anniversary of Play

1 Like

Nick Cave at Leeds Arena in November

1 Like

25 years ago :scream:

I know! Where did the time go?

The Musical Box in Manchester 2 weeks ago. John Cooper Clarke in Llandudno next week. Big Big Train then Steve Hackett later in the year, both in Manchester.

2 Likes

Just got tickets for Deep Purple at Leeds First Direct Arena in November. last saw them at NEC in 1993 with Blackmore. It’s funny how time flies, I thought they were past their best then and now 31 years later I’m seeing them again. Looking forward to seeing the new guitarist Simon Mcbride, seen some clips on you tube and he looks the real deal to me.

1 Like

10cc at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, which now makes three concerts there in October.

2 Likes

Richard Thompson in York on 27th May. Touring with full band. I’ve seen him in concert many times, more recently as a trio or solo. So I think this is the first time in over 15 years he will have a full band on stage in the UK. He’s never disappointed.
I saw him first in the Ulster Hall Belfast with bassist Danny Thompson. Utterly blew me away.

And just booked to see the Oysterband at Leeds City Varieties in Nov. This is their long farewell tour as they retire from touring.
Special memories seeing them there a few years ago, with the band coming off the stage into the audience to sing an acoustic encore, with audience singing along.

2 Likes

Beth Orton 29th of April in Sydney.

Edit the 27th not the 29th. :grin:

4 Likes

On my side of the pond, will finally get to see Air in Montreal, Canada on Oct. 13th as part of their North American tour. Been a longtime fan. The French duo is bringing its 1998 classic, Moon Safari to life onstage.

1 Like

Snow Dog and I are more than a bit keen on Editors and have seen them three times in the last six months or so.

I was considering going to Brixton to see them on 2nd May but was dallying as I’ve recently moved north and travelling would be harder. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the ticket this morning. Logged on to the site and, surprisingly, two shows were listed. They’ve just added a warm up show in Sheffield, 30 mins away from home. It was obviously fate!

In a related dilema, I have discovered one of the band lives in our village - do you think we should knock on his door and ask for a lift to the gig?

2 Likes

Looks like the Dan have pulled out and pretty much conclusive proof over on the Hoffman site that Don Henley has been mining vocals at live shows.

Re Henley. Check my post on the Youtube thread.

The follow-up video is pretty damning as well.

1 Like

Yes it is pretty damning stuff.

I see despite the Dan pulling out of the UK tour - ticketmaster are not giving a refund.

Breadheads…

2 Likes

Yes,been replaced by The Doobie Brothers,haven’t seen them before,fingers crossed they are okay.

2 Likes

I did hear that Michael McDonald was back doing some stuff with them. But in the current form they are all new members.

It is shocking the price of tickets to hear the Eagles miming and a covers band for support.

1 Like

Will be hard to get that out of my head,and still enjoy it,but it’s the last time I’ll be seeing them so will have to make the best of it,won’t be telling wife all of this,be a shame to ruin her night,it’s her all time favourite band .

1 Like

Sigur Rós + 41 Piece Orchestra - in Copenhagen

4 Likes