Concerts planned for 2024

The Pink Floyd Experience in June in Auckland. The Friday night was almost sold out, a week after tickets went on sale. We’ll make a weekend of it in the city.

2 Likes

Waiting for John Gorka shows to be announced in the U.K. for later this year.

Bella White in April
The Decemberists in May
Iron & Wine in August

1 Like

Hoping Decembrsists will do some UK dates in August. They’re doing a festival date on 25th, so hoping for some smaller venues either side of then

2 Likes

ACDC
Wembley

3 Likes

Well I trued to get tickets for four of us and failed, cheap seats went in no time then there were the £200 seats and resellers immediately jumping on the demand with £300-400… nope!

I couldn’t get tickets and prices escalated! Well done :clap::clap:

Crikey. We saw them at Wembley last time they had Brian Johnston. Sure the tickets were about 60ish. Could only have been ?8 years ago ?

Show of Hands at the outdoor Minnack Theatre on the cliff edge at Porthcurno, nr. Penzance in May.

This will be about the twentieth time I have seen them since ‘discovering’ them in 1990 when they were the support act for Ralph McTell.

They are both about 70 now & have announced that this their retirement tour. Albums & live shows never less than excellent & will be hard to think it could be the final time I see them.

The Minnack must be the most spectacular venue in the UK & if the weather is good, the sun setting out to sea behind the stage during the performance is something spectacular.

Photos of the venue don’t convey just how steep the path down to the stage is & the visual effect that if you were to miss your footing you would fall into the Atlantic several hundred feet below.

The Necks - 9th April, Tung Auditorium, Liverpool

1 Like

Bill Bailey, Bournemouth

TONITE!!

1 Like

Decemberists are still active? Cool!

1 Like

Yeah, really looking forward to the show.

Just got a ticket for Gary Numan (he’s doing the early albums Replicas and The Pleasure Principle) so my year looking like this so far :

26th February : Seth Lakeman - Storyhouse, Chester
9th April : The Necks - Tung Auditorium, Liverpool
10th April : Paul Young (An evening with) - Storyhouse, Chester
22nd April : Kate Rusby - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
4th May : China Crisis - Floral Pavilion (Blue Lounge), New Brighton
31st May : Gary Numan - O2 Institute, Birmingham
1st June : Tool - AO Arena, Manchester
9th October : Steve Hackett - Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool

I’m no longer able to get to the OMD, Cara Dillon and Bellowhead gigs I have booked due to work, Mrs markah will still get use of them though so all is not lost.

Also looking to book for BC Camplight, Simple Minds, Echo & The Bunnymen, Peter Hook & The Light and Human League if things go to plan.

1 Like

Gary Numan o2 institute Birmingham 31/5/24
Bevis Frond Lexington London 18/5/24.

Caity Gyorgy in Montreal on April 28. :grinning:

….and bl00dy good he was. As was his guest singer Florence (Illi-)Khvorostovskiy, a “proper” soprano, and boy, could she sing!

Editors at Leeds O2 Academy on Tuesday.

Next Tuesday…Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes. 013 Tilburg

@markah - see you there! It will be brilliant. Look for the 6’ 6" guy blocking the view in front of the stage.

1 Like