Cricket

Ahem, standards dear boy, standards…we don’t want a repeat of 2005’s antics, when some of them were 3 sheets to the wind.

1 Like

I watched the Draft for The Hundred - I couldn’t be bothered to “hunt the remote”

The price differential between male and female competitors was really revealed. I think the great success last year for The Hundred was the ladies’ competition . It attracted families and played during the best part of the day.

A great difference between the antics of the T20 p*ss up finals day.

I think the idea that you can go, spend all day , see two matches is a good one, but the ladies need to be remunerated better

1 Like

I see what you did there!

Watched the final of WPL , super game of T20, low scoring, high tension, ebbs and flaws, full house.

It was a tournament that didn’t outstay its welcome.

2 Likes

This must have been some kind of game 9 wickets and over 500 runs in 40 overs.

2 Likes

Pete – have caught the HLs on Sky and a lot of ‘stand & deliver’ stuff on a good wicket, and the WI batsmen are big units :grin: Or more accurately, ‘you bowl and I’ll hit it’.

Plus, the boundaries were relatively short.

102 after 6 overs.

“It’s Cricket Jim, but not as we know it”

I’m not going to post what I really think about this, as it’ll fall outside Forum AUP around language usage, save to say some people in authority really need to think about the implications of their actions.

Michael Vaughan cleared ‘on balance of probabilities’ of using racist language towards Azeem Rafiq - BBC Sport

The process to ‘deal’ with this situation has been desperately flawed.

Not many people involved in any way have emerged with any credit, which has sadly obscured the underlying issue. I just hope that doesn’t get forgotten.

Bruce

2 Likes

Staying away from the political angles, sometimes in life you encounter situations where, notwithstanding that ‘wrongs’ appear to have been occasioned, the person with experience and wisdom knows that at the end of the day, ‘there will be no winners’ a.k.a. sometimes expressed as ‘where were the adults in the room’. Defuse at source, not start a ticking time bomb, with a - c.14-year clock.

2 Likes

I hope that MV will be back on the radio at some point.

1 Like

Rather I hope he’s learnt a valuable lesson from all those diversity courses he had to do … maybe he will be a better commentator?

1 Like

Along with David Lloyd on TV

I truly dread to think of the stress he has been under

1 Like

Probably no less than others involved.

Some like Hoggard just walked away, Vaughan had a media career , so I guess had more to lose.

Watched the start of the IPL , a stadium and crowd of 100,000 . I thought of Pete’s quest for Ashes tickets at our stadiums which don’t hold a fraction. I wondered about the London Stadium

At half time a display by 1500 drones , amazing spectacle

Very Strange. It’s the 6th of April and quite cold and I have just turned the TV on. There appears to be some sort of Cricket live from Manchester on Sky.
What was odd was that the players are in some sort of white clothing and the ball seems to be a dark red colour.
Some of the fielders are standing in weird places, particularly a line of them near the wicket keeper, as if they are having a chat.
The batsmen also seem content to hit the ball so it ends up about 5 yards in front of them.
Anyone know what is going on?

4 Likes

Heritage Cricket

2 Likes

How many sweaters are they wearing?
The radio commentary has not provided an answer yet.

1 Like