Cricket

More players than crowd from what I could see :frowning:

It appears Dom Sibley is back playing for Surrey – someone who won’t be required by England in the age of Baz-ball.

2 Likes

Not long now, you blokes must be getting nervous. :grin:

I’m nervous from watching some of them playing IPL e.g. Brook, which has thrown-up a series of very close and exciting finishes – albeit the grounds are small, so boundaries are ‘cheap’.

Stokes has sat out a couple of games, which can only be a good thing, and it appears Root is only there to run the drinks. We don’t want our classiest batsman getting his technique ruined by IPL/Bazball tactics :grin:

Root could trip carrying those G&Ts (that’d be a shame) and Stokes could get himself in trouble in some bar somewhere. Idle hands are the devils tools :grin:

1 Like

Getting into trouble in bars is much more likely if Warner is in there.:rofl:

1 Like

Ouch :grin:…in more ways than one!

All good fun looking forward to the Ashes unfortunately I won’t be travelling over as Mrs Pete isn’t in a hurry to travel these days. I’ll be rugged up under a doona and sipping hot chocolate till the wee hours.

May the best Australian team win. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As an aside I note that Alistair Cook was snaffled twice by Jimmy Anderson in a recent County match between Essex and Lancs, once for 19, once for a duck. I bet that caused a few smiles!

Cook has still scored plenty for Essex in red ball cricket last few years. He is younger than Jimmy!

Bruce

1 Like

Article in The Times today highlights why right-hand bowlers are coming ‘around the wicket’ nowadays to lefties due to the benefits of technology in securing LBWs, with specific mention of Jimmy & AC.

…mind you, in one photo I’d put money on the ball missing leg :grin: (of course the camera never lies!)

Pete,

It may be my eyes when trying to scan the player lists of the 10 IPL teams but it seems not all/even many(?), of the top Aussie players are there? Stoinis is for sure but others?..not counting the likes of Ellis of course.

Any reasons you know of?

Yep they’re in camp planning the defence of the Ashes and winning the test championship .

Most decide not to play and risk injury.

This should scare you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well that’s a stuff up if ever I saw one - all 3 of them

Rumour has it that Stuart Broad’s sports psychologist has planted the following image of David Warner in his head :grin: :rabbit2: :rabbit:

5 Likes

If he can get zimmer frame in the grounds he might have a chance to work on that. :grin:

1 Like

Ha, You beat me to it. I was going to post this one.

Of course, “He who laughs last…”

3 Likes

Just thought I’d show you what it looks like. :grin::grin:

Yes we could be setting ourselves up to look stupid in a few months.

Looking at the Aussie team, and England’s for that matter, it could be the ‘last hurrah’ for many of the players, almost to the point of 2 old boxers slugging it out. As Bancroft isn’t touring, I wonder of he’ll play for Durham over here.

I would say it’s disappointing the ‘gang of 3’ won’t be together, as that would have fed the crowd’s chanting even more!

The gangs only noisy when things go their way they usually settle down when a few wickets fall. Anyway I hope it’s in good humour and not personal last tour. I thought the crowds behaviour last tour was appalling.