Cricket

Doh. Failed to read your post!

Bruce

You wouldn’t be the first. :rofl::rofl:

Doesn’t take much of a genius to work out the nature of the wicket when Root opens the bowling for England and the spinners have bowled 46 of the 57 overs at the time of posting. No spoilers – but looking a long-ish day for England.

I’m flicking between our game and yours and was shocked to see Root bowling so early. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of Roots but surely there’s better spinners.

Aus are 2/84 needing another 148 runs.

In two previous Tests at this venue 1st Innings ave 479, 2nd Innings ave 175. Small sample size but you get the idea.

Bruce

Never in doubt! That’s a thumping.

It seems India’s production line of young talent is revealing itself again which, I suspect, will bring more noises internally about the selectors sticking with the ‘old guard’ for so long.

1 Like

And we had rested quite a few players

Somewhat uneven day for India. Jaiswal brilliant, the rest less so. Decent bowling by everyone except maybe Root. Jimmy excellent as ever. New boy Bashir looked good from the start.

India have a longish tail. If England can get them all out under 400 I think that will be a good performance.

Bruce

1 Like

Some rare positive news about YCCC i.e. that it will still be around, although, it appears, 12% of voters disagreed.

2 Likes

India scorecard a bit uneven. 396 with Jaiswal 209. Next highest 34!

He batted quite brilliantly.

Bruce

1 Like

His stats are amazing as is his back story. I watched him a bit in the IPL.

2 Likes

Well that wasn’t Roots best shot.

Bumrah set him up.

Thanks for posting that link re Jaiswal. Bit of perspective. Looks like a lovely natural batsmen to me, I can imagine capable in all formats.

Bruce

1 Like

I was listening to the radio commentary yesterday after the close of play. All the commentators said England were ahead. The win predictor and the bookies did not agree.

IMHO, any team which puts >350 on the board in the 1st innings is ‘ahead’…which the current scoreboard is kinda suggesting. Seems a wicket you wouldn’t want to be chasing > 250 on to win on D4/5? England need something big from someone in the middle order today.

1 Like

Root is described as England’s best ever batsman. His career figures may support that, but his last few test series do not. He’s off form and I do not understand why he is still in the side.

1 Like

Who in the squad would you replace him with?

Root has become a little less consistent in the last few series but still would be one of the first picks for me.

India have been very good today. The pitch is starting to be a bit uneven in bounce, but still not a lot of turn. Bumrah has been pure class.

Bruce

1 Like

Bumrah had been excellent. Replace Root with another up coming player. I don’t know who but selectors select!

1 Like

Root’s Test averages in 21, 22 and 23 are 61, 46 and 66.
Highest scores of 228, 176 and 153* in those years

He’s rubbish.

Bruce

1 Like