Cricket

7 down now.

The amazing thing is that we could even think it possible, chasing 399 in the final innings.

These sides aren’t so far apart. India won’t be completely happy looking at their very patch batting. England have got a young spin attack doing OK.

I note the last Test is at Dharamshala, the most picturesque ground in the world surely. I have been there, many years ago. Walked over the mountains behind too

Bruce

2 Likes

India too many first innings runs. Good batting? Poor bowling, or a good toss to win?.

Easy in hindsight, but I suspect England regret not playing 2 seamers on this wicket.

India didn’t score too many, Jaiswal did!

So far these matches have been played on good subcontinent wickets. Good contest between bat and ball, not dusty minefields.

Bruce

By the way, we only need 120 now!

Queenstown is pretty nice to, no posh stands though…

IMG_1482

1 Like

Nothing beats my home ground of course…

The mighty Skipton CI

4 Likes

Under the rail only a 4?

2 Likes

Let down by the middle order again. What is up with Root? Bairstow should be sacked - if Brook won’t return they need to find a no.5 who can score hundreds.

Crisis?

2nd highest innings of the match, highest ever 4th innings by England in India. This is India, where away teams are routinely slaughtered.

Not everything rosy, but not sure the team needs ripping apart. Root may have broken a finger so perhaps Lawrence gets a chance.

Bruce

There is a field that is forever England

:england:

To slightly misquote Rupert Brooke

I love it when you guys pick yourselves to bits after a loss. Fact is you won the first unexpectedly and put up a good fight in this, you’ve done better than most pundits thought.

You need to stop and smell the roses.

4 Likes

Jaiswal’s innings was the difference between the teams. Just as Pope’s was in the first Test. Intriguing series. And, golly, Bumrah is good but so is Anderson and the young spinners acquitted themselves well. All in all another enjoyable match and one to take heart from.

2 Likes

Looks a bit green. Jimmy would love that!!

Sir Alastair Cook

Former England captain on TNT Sports

England lost the game because not one of their batsman had a match-winning innings. That is what they’ll look back at. Scores of 30-70 don’t win Test matches.

2 Likes

I’m happy that given our recent shortfall in the spinning department there doesn’t appear to be that much between the teams with India hosting.
Very surprised how well our younger players are performing and the only let down has been the batting of Root and Bairstow which is surprising.

4 Likes

Another ingredient of Bazball. England have 10 days off. Practice to refine skills? Of course not.

Off to Abu Dhabi to play golf and spend time with family and partners.

2 Likes

Gee WIs bowled out for 86 in 25th over in the last of the 3 ODIs. Wonder if you can send them back in.

Edit. Aus reach the target in 7 overs. The only highlight was the unveiling of the opener Jake Frazer- McGurk, 41 over 17.

Is that his real name??.

It sure is, I’d get use to it he’s going to tournament a lot of bowlers.