Cricket

Interesting and amusing.

1 Like

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often. A spectator got hit in the face trying catch a 6 in the last ODI, again with amount of big hitting especially in T20 matches it’s a wonder there’s not more injuries.

1 Like

Should surprise anyone that Australia and India have reached the final.

Watched Frazer Mcgurk in the Big Bash, seriously impressive.

Deserved to be in the Aussie team.

There’s a few that are comparing him to your great mate Dave. I remember Warners first outing there are a lot of similarities.

1 Like

Lucky just to have a broken nose , a little lower and it could have been a broken jaw and some serious dental injuries

The umpire who carries a small shield is I think very sensible.

1 Like

A few umpires are using those shields especially in the T20s, I don’t blame them it’s quite dangerous.

1 Like

Yes, my first thoughts were about the broken nose , or serious dental injury, but what if it had hit the forehead?

I worked in insurance and you learn that no matter how remote if you can envisage it happening given the number of occasions that T20 is played it will happen one day.

1 Like

Gee Maxwell’s on fire in the T20 against WIs. Currently 57 from 28 balls. Some of the biggest 6s I’ve seen for a long time.

Edit he finished with 120 off 55 balls in Aus total of 4/241

Kohli personal issues, and Leach injured. Both out of the rest of the series.

Starts again Thursday am.

Bruce

2 Likes

Chasing 445? Turning, two-paced wicket? Reverse swing ? No problem.

England 179 for 1. Off 30 overs.

Test cricket. Boring eh.

Bruce

Forum kiss of death. Pope out.

1 Like

Years ago I was a moderator on a cricket forum. In a thread on a county match a Yorkshire supporter was trying to get the “commentator’s curse” to work by repeatedly saying how impregnable the opponent’s batting looked. A supporter of the other team reported this for cheating, and I had to find a way to politely remind him that it wasn’t real.

2 Likes

As a wicket keeper I try that from behind the stumps too. :rofl:

1 Like

Duckett in full Baz mode.

5 penalty runs is no punishment for deliberately running on the middle of the pitch knowing you don’t have to bat last on it.

1 Like

I think about it like this, in that in years gone by, identifying the playing wicket on the square in India was quite difficult, such was the dust bowl surface of the ‘wicket’. It’s not good though, as you say – it’s school-player level ill-discipline.

More power to BD’s elbow, as he’s played some very encouraging knocks and been unlucky not to make more at times. I hope Root plays his natural game on D3, as he accumulates runs at a fair clip when he does.

2 Likes

Just watched some brief highlights, England only going along at nearly 6 an over.

BD plays extraordinary shots.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s a shame for the match, but more importantly best wishes for his mother.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like