Cricket

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You’d still find something to whinge about. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway your current team and management are constant joy to us, it’s the gift that just keeps giving.

1 Like

WPL – MI v RCB – getting interesting and RCB only chasing 114. Sadly, some very pants fielding in evidence, thankfully the bowlers are compensating.

Club Cricket fielding positions explained.

4 Likes

Where’s the bowler?
I think I qualified for all those positions at one time or another.

That’s a minor detail.

1 Like

On the same day!

1 Like

I believe it is from an Australian betting company so a bit of license required. Lol.

He’s probably a policeman close to end of shift, just changing his trousers & shoes (lucky they wear white shirts!), with his radio carefully positioned near his boundary fielding position…something I’m sure which doesn’t happen nowadays!

1 Like

How’s everyone feeling about WC T20 in the West Indies and wait for it the US.

Be interesting to see if there’s any locals at the game or all expats and tours. Rugby League took 2 games from the opening round to Las Vegas and it was a failure and they’ve signed a 5 year deal.

Americans generally only like home grown games (yes I know I’m stereotyping of course). It’s a hard market to break into.

1 Like

Pete – you may be aware that the US have ‘Major League Cricket’, which is clearly still in launch phase. As you say, it seems many sports want to ‘crack’ the US but few succeed given the popularity of the NFL and MLB.

Major League Cricket - Wikipedia

I watched a few games last year, the thing is imo baseball isn’t that exciting. You can be at the bottom of the 9th and still nil all.

I think there will be a lot of customers from the Indian subcontinent for the American games, imagine India V Pakistan … in New York or Florida

Maia Bouchier is having a very good outing in New Zealand

4 Likes

I’m glad she has been given a run in the team as to me has looked the most resilient of the up and coming players.

2 Likes

Aggers has been given a four year contract for TMS; however, he will cease to be the BBC’s Cricket Correspondent at the end of this summer.

His replacement has not been announced …

1 Like

I wonder if they will give it to Stephan Shemilt. He is already the “BBC Chief Cricket Writer”. His job seems already to overlap with Aggers.

1 Like

The County Championship starts this Friday. Worcestershire back in Div 1 this year. Luckily their first match is away but this was the ground this week. It has been under water endless times this winter. Worcestershire have lost six first team players to other counties since the end of last season. Notts now have four ex Worcester players. Worcs have produced some brilliant players in-house but they just get picked off by the bigger clubs. Nothing new but as with most sports: Less sport more business/profit.

That would be sensible … social media are mentioning: Cook, Finn and Gua, amongst others.

A relocation is on the cards, but it’s so iconic it would be a shame to see it go. I gather that the facilities for players are very poor (lack of indoor nets, etc.), which would mean a step up in quality if they move grounds.

Yes, but the BBC don’t always do sensible. Too many boxes to tick.

1 Like