Cricket

Wow ! A fantastic victory the mighty, err…, Oman !

Tomorrow, the world is ours :wink:

1 Like

That was yesterday. :grin:

1 Like

Just to put your minds at ease Pat has stated that they don’t care what happens to England and that they’ll be playing to win.

Well know the worst if Warner opens the bowling!

1 Like

And we field 3 wicket keepers. :grin:

1 Like

You might need them if Warner opens the bowling.:smile:

1 Like

No surprise that Australia will want to keep a winning streak. Any talk of run-rate fiddling was always just a bit of fun.

Bruce

Pakistan out and the USA in we’re living in a parallel universe. :grin:

2 Likes

England “could” be exiting the World Cup mainly due to two non results. :umbrella:

How many other sports would not rearrange or have a reserve day?

“The only sport in the world where results are determined by weather and the fact that they will not allow fixtures to be replayed.” BBC.

1 Like

Scotland 90-0 after 10.0 and bringing Jacks on for the second over against Australia was not helpful. The weather may be our saviour.

1 Like

Bringing Jacks on was just plain daft. Archer might have been an idea.

We might get a 5 or 10 over game but the weather might decide the group.

The weather will probably save us from the possibility of losing twice to Australia in the same competition.

1 Like

…and I thought I was a pessimist.

1 Like

This is what happens when the ICC has to shoehorn competitions in to slots around the IPL and the various other T20 competitions worldwide now (inc. The 100), and it’s known the weather isn’t the best in the WI at this time of year.

2 Likes

Joke Cricket, joke tournament.

Never mind us, any bets on how long USA would last in a test match against Pakistan. 2 days maximum. That’s proper Cricket not this slog fest.

1 Like

An 11 over match to start at 9pm BST. Mickey mouse cricket.

I drove for an hour and half to my club match today for it to pour with rain on arrival, and all afternoon. The fourth abandoned match of our season to date.
Not in love with cricket just now!

Bruce

1 Like

11 overs?

God help us, what a farce.

1 Like

With climate change I’m wondering if cricket will remain a viable sport in some countries.

Proper beer match stuff :grinning: …but without the beer and fun.

1 Like

Scotland putting up a good fight batting first 95/2 in the 10th over.