Dan's thread

More importantly we hope you are as well as you can be…I suspect the 500DR is doing wonders for you…stay strong & positive :heart:

3 Likes

The 500 DR is a wonderful distraction David!

3 Likes

Hope things are going well Dan, I start my treatment this Thursday/Friday. While I’m hoping it works I certainly not looking forward to it.

Have you had many side effects, I was reading the sheet they gave us and it’s reasonably scary.

9 Likes

Hi Pete,

Mine is a three week cycle. The start of each cycle I am in hospital for most of the day with intravenous fluids. Then steroids and anti sickness tablets for 3 days. Generally I have had acid reflux, constipation, bloating, nausea and then 1 big bout of vomitting.

Then tiredness at end of week 1. Sleep most of weekend. Some leg swelling, some headaches.

First week is a bit rough. Then weeks 2 and 3 all good. Feel totally normal from about day 10 through to end of each cycle. You forget about the treatment. Then it comes around.

I shaved my beard when hair started falling out. And shaved my heard. Stubble doesn’t grow now, only in patches.

All chemo is different. So you may not loose your hair. Personally I found it difficult loosing hair. It’s dealing with people that half know you that’s a bit awkward for me.

But I am all good with it on the whole.

5 Likes

I hope it goes well and wish you luck with it.

7 Likes

Best of luck pal

3 Likes

Dear Dan,

That all sounds prety rough, but you seem to be approching it in your usual courageous way. Chin up, Buddy!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

3 Likes

Pete,

I am on paclitaxel and carboplatin combination. I got itching first week. Lots of side effects 1st week but by Week 2 they are gone.

It’s the mental battle that’s the biggest! Get support if you need it. I saw a psychologist through NHS and had counselling through Macmillan Cancer Support. Ended up with alot of counselling. Dealing with uncertainty is the difficult thing.

3 Likes

My treatment is based on bendamustine (chemo) and rituximab which is a type of antibody therapy.

Edit apparently it’s the other way around the chemo is the rituximab :grin:

6 Likes

Hope it gies well Pete👍

4 Likes

It will be similar side effects to mine potentially. I wish you luck Pete. The first cycle will be an indicator to how things will be.

You are very unlikely to suffer hair loss on your treatments. With me it was shedding by around week 4. And then shaved it all off.

They are changing anti sickness this time round. See what happens. I don’t know what’s worse, the constipation or vomitting?

We all react differently to the meds so you may be lucky.

3 Likes

I hope you continue to get 2 weeks in 3 feeling well Dan, enjoy the 500DR.

4 Likes

When I get back home today the system will be playing! Can’t wait!

8 Likes

Wishing you well Pete.

5 Likes

Welcome home

2 Likes

I hope it all goes well and you have minimal side effects. I suffered with a few when I had my chemo but avoided many on the list. If I recall correctly my chemo came with a just under 20-page consent form that detailed all the side effects, most of which I never suffered from.

4 Likes

All the very best to you both. Ginger root in hot water made me feel slightly better. Keep the finishing line in sight at all times. There will be plenty of people waiting to see you both when you cross it.

Steve

5 Likes

I’m hoping the list was a just in case, Mrs Pete thought we should just pick 2. :rofl:

12 Likes

Pete and Dan,

I wish you fine gentlemen all the best and I admire your openness around what you are going through.

10 Likes

Hope your treatment went well today. Thinking of you mate.

8 Likes