Dan's thread

All the very best

Ian

4 Likes

Crickey, that sounds terrible, Dan. Very sorry to hear of the frequent discomfort after these sessions. Many of us here are thinking of you and looking forward to better times for you.
Take care, man. :heart:

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about the “blip” Dan, thinking of you and hoping to hear about the future good times.

7 Likes

Hi Dan just wondering how you’re travelling, hope things are going well for you.

5 Likes

Hi Pete, saw consultant today and the scan results have come back. The lesions to liver have reduced in size. One is no longer visable and the other one has reduced by 1/3. The lesion on the lung has remained the same.

No other signs of cancerous growth in the body.

Possibility of liver and lung resection surgery looks highly promising. So chance going from current palitative care to cure looks possible in my eyes.

One step at a time but this is positive news. It’s come back before so I am not counting my chickens just yet.

62 Likes

Just​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Great news let’s hope it just keeps improving.

Noticed a lot of bumpers stickers recently with a simple message “fck cancer” might get myself one. Cheers.

7 Likes

Bloody chickens … :grin:
That all sounds quite positive Dan. We’re rootin’ for you, so much.:heart:
Take care.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

2 Likes

Glad to report I have fck’ed cancer following my prostate removal. Got the all-clear last week. Glad to hear more positive news for you Dan; start planning your next system upgrade :grinning:

23 Likes

Good news. Guess Dan and I (plus others) are hoping to be as lucky.

7 Likes

After loosing my wife last year I know exactly what you mean.

Having to do everything now, cooking, washing, shopping etc. I have to really focus on what I am doing a lot of the time and, whilst doing so, it takes my mind off the situation I unexpectedly found myself in for a little while & enables me to feel nearly normal.

I suspect this is what work is doing for you.

Your latest news is really encouraging &, hopefully, all of us rooting for you has contributed to this! Long may this continue.

We’re all still behind you & aren’t going anywhere…

4 Likes

Fingers and toes crossed for you Dan.

3 Likes

That’s great news.

1 Like

Very encouraging news Dan. Do you have a time scale for when they might offer you surgery?

1 Like

Hi Paul, It’s a case of one step at a time. I have 2 more chemo sessions. Then I will see the consultant in June and a decision will be made at that stage.

We have to see if the chemo continues working and if thing still haven’t spread further. So I would imagine the earliest an op could be done would be July this year.

7 Likes

everything crossed for you

best wishes

Ian

Chemo on monday. Can’t say I am looking forward to it. But I am positive about everything nowadays. Doing my best every day and living life to the full. Working weekdays unless I have appointments or chemo. To be honest it keeps me fit and I need the money. I am self employed so if I don’t work I can’t pay bills and so on.

System is sounding great. NDS is at Naim having new fascia fitted and fixing it so remote control works. Hopefully they can sort it out once and for all. But ND5XS2 bare sounds very good. Even better with 500DR.

It’s quite a surprise really as I thought it would be lacking. Shows you what a good source it is!

15 Likes

Dan I wouldn’t say anyone looks forward to chemo, I’m finding it pretty tough especially the first full week afterwards. However if it gives hope than it has to be worth it. I’m amazed you still can work couple days this week I’ve had trouble just getting out of bed, guess your that little bit (well probably a lot) younger than me.

Enjoy the weekend before it starts all over again. That last week in the cycle is definitely the best. Take care look forward to hearing more positive news. Cheers.

15 Likes

Man … you guys are champs. Ya can’t keep a good man down, I always say.

5 Likes