Dan's thread

Yes, I’d heard that. I think it’s pretty much the same across the industry. The bread and butter is in ‘lifestyle’ products and the higher end is quite niche. In photography, Leica is the same, the Q series sell many fold over and above the M. At least they have been innovating in the NC. I had a deviate 250 for a decade and it was a great piece of kit with lots of innovation and improvements being added, then along came the Phantom speaker and everything on the ‘Expert’ range stopped dead. One reason I came back to Naim was the Devialet turned out to be a complete dead end, and very poor resale as well…

4 Likes

Welcome back to Naim. A great decision to come back and I know you’re happy with your system.

3 Likes

The Devialet here made a lot of noise when it appeared. Lots of wonderful reviews and bla-bla bla.
I heard it once and couldn’t understand all the fuss about. But it looked nice. And one box.

2 Likes

I must have arrived at the same time. It was around 2017 I think.

1 Like

Yes, it was recommended to me here in 2013 when a kitten and my six box system didn’t gel well together. The Devialet sounded superficially good as it has excellent mid range and clarity, however bass and depth of soundstage lack. I think I found it a good choice as I also changed speakers from Ovator 400 (which didn’t suit the Devialet at all) to Atohm GT1. The ovator is a bit ‘flat as well’. Moving to NC has felt like the best of all worlds. Excellent balance, detail, soundstage and timing. Yes, happy to have made the move back.

3 Likes

More 2010 I think.

1 Like

Thank you Brendan, I found this insightful. It helped me make sense of where we are now.

Best, Chris

1 Like

Just seen consultant and news is mixed. Another area of cancer has been identified on the right lung close to the heart. Awaiting treatment options which look like possible radiotherapy. Lesion is 10mm.

I haven’t processed this information yet mentally or emotionally. Other area which remains unchanged is 24mm lesion on liver. They were looking at liver resection.

Now looking at lung radiotherapy possibly focusing on the small area with deep penetrating focused radiotherapy. Should find out in 2 weeks what they will do next!

13 Likes

I wish you the best possible outcome Dan.

15 Likes

Sorry to hear this news Dan. Hoping treatment for this is effective and you have many more years entertaining us with your upgrades.

3 Likes

Thanks very much. Support on here has always been amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks Paul.

Remaining positive and will keep you entertained. 2nd 555PSDR arrives tomorrow to replace CHC 555PS (non Naim PSU).

Will post more pics with revised racking. Will be all Naim then. Purist approach!

5 Likes

I have everything crossed for you Dan. You can beat this thing my friend

6 Likes

Thanks Rob,

I am positive. With all this support it will make me stronger!

5 Likes

Dan with mixed news, undoubtedly you will need it.
Very best, tough call; may the music inspire and support you…plus the peps here!

3 Likes

Top man. :muscle:

3 Likes

No words Dan……stay strong❤️

3 Likes

It’s a minor set back. The oncologists are on it.

Will feel better once I know what treatments they propose. So for me, two lesions popped up and have now become benign or not relevant.

New lesion has come in. It will either be treated or become benign.

They can do things and the lesion is small. Remaining positive and listening to Led Zep 1 vinyl.

Just keep spinning the discs man!

25 Likes

Maybe I’m Amazed……Paul McCartney…….i am❤️

4 Likes

Take care my friend, you know I have everything crossed for you. Turn that 552 volume knob up and enjoy the music.

6 Likes