Dan's thread

Go a whole team of tradesman right behind me to follow, Naim tradesmen here we come! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Will be a fabulous afternoon i am sure.
I have charged up my turntable so that’s ready to go for 12 hours.
Hopefully have my ethernet cable sorted by then as well

Anyway looking forward to seeing you both.
Do you fancy an Indian for tea, as if so i will need to book it

2 Likes

Yes please :sunglasses::beer::fire:

2 Likes

That sounds great Dunc. Indian will be wonderful!

1 Like

I will book a table for Saturday night, then

1 Like

Hi Dan,

Gosh has it really been 10 days since i asked how you are.

I found out just after my post that my mate of more years than i can remember has been diagnosed with liver cancer. I don’t mean to sound selfish it has knocked the stuffing out of me. Many coffees and chats with him. He’s in good hands and i feel so useless.

Anyways i’m just about to settle down with some fine tunes and catch up on how your doing!

5 Likes

Spoke to nurse today about treatment plan. Now looking at possible lung resection rather than radiotherapy. This should be more positive in terms.of outcome. But feeling very anxious which is not like me at all. Then still looking at liver resection. This stuff gets scarey sometimes. Usually I take it in my stride but I am only human after all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Been for a haircut. Ist since 1st February. And now blasting system. Hopefully these things will help get my mind in a better place.

Tanking the system again. Sounds insane :muscle:

22 Likes

Stay strong Dan, easier to say than actually do. Keep truckin with the music👍

6 Likes

Thanks Gazza. Trying my best pal. Listening to the system helps alot! As someone said on here before a full 500 system should be prescribed on the NHS!

6 Likes

That’s extremely positive news Dan. I think anyone would be anxious, but your mental and physical fortitude has been evident to us all along.

Great to hear you’re tanking the system! Enjoy!

Best wishes.

AC

1 Like

Keep fighting, reach out here mate we’re all here for ya!

Play that Funky Music loud!

I salute you sir.

5 Likes

Thanks guys, the support from this forum has been amazing. That plus the system are taking me through this difficult place!

11 Likes

That sounds like encouraging news. I am unsurprised you are feeling anxious, you are heading towards major surgery. Keep the 500 system firing the positive vibes towards you.

4 Likes

Anxiety is part of the process unfortunately but that news definitely sounds more positive. Anything other the chemo or radiology is a plus. Good luck take care.

6 Likes

Take care, stay safe, stay snug

2 Likes

Keep strong Dan it’s still positive conversations and treatments going forward.
I greatly admire and support your inner strength.

4 Likes

Just keep fighting Dan, you can beat this. :heart:

3 Likes

Cancer is not something you “beat”, either the treatment is successful or it is not. There is nothing you can influence yourself more than hope.

4 Likes

I think you beat it by living with Cancer and living a good life. Cancer beats you if you let it take over your whole life. Positive mental attitude can help you beat cancer in your mind.

The mind is very powerful and can enable you to get through tough times rather than giving up hope.

31 Likes

Yes, you can learn to live with cancer through acceptance and thereby live as good a life as possible but the rest is up to the doctors and out of your control. No one can be blamed for losing the fight against cancer because it is not a “fight”. Acceptance and hope :heart:

3 Likes