David Gilmour

It’s just landed and playing loud (girls are out). It didn’t disappoint, sounds great and lovely packing with a gatefold sleeve and beautiful full size booklet with lyrics. Glad I upgraded the LP12 :guitar::sunglasses::musical_score::+1:

1 Like

Hilarious …

So you took my advice young fella ha :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

You’re a bad influence young @Bevo. Yes took the plunge and resisted going higher ($$$) spec. You might recall I nearly went for Armageddon/Arro option, but decided to go traditional all Linn. Need to think about the interconnect, I’ll post on the Sondek thread about that.

Wrong thread I know but good on you Mike , might do a post on show us your Sondek re LP12 (Ekos or your Linn tonearm ) based vs LP12 ARO based

Good stuff trying to figure this one out

1 Like

This album has grown on me. I think the recording is perilously close to brick walled and similar to his recent so called ‘remasters’ but its tolerable. Its great up to and including Between Two Points, falls off after that. Scattered is alright, the solo and backing music may as well be Comfortably Numb, so I guess this will be his finale at the shows.

All in all i think it will come into regular rotation.

Perfectly put, especially your last sentence … from my early teens to my early sixties, have never and will never tire of listening to them.

1 Like

What do you mean by “brick walled”?

Sorry not sure what the terminology is, but I would imagine if I could see the music form it would be at max all the way. Part of the ‘loudness’ war.

i.e. I could put on say his first self titled album and need to turn it up, but this one, I would need to turn it down.

1 Like

I’ve played it a few times at home and didn’t mind it however last night I played via earphones and didn’t really enjoy it at all. Found it a little boring it did do its job though and put me to sleep. :grin:

I’ll wait till I get home again before making a final judgement.

4 Likes

Liking or not liking music is often about mood one is in

I’ve lost count when one day I don’t enjoy an album and few days later enjoy it

Mind you booze could have something to do with it :grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

I agree and some things work on headphones while others just don’t. As I said I’ll play it a gain at home. It could as you said it might be 3 days of chemo just isn’t the right drug.

First listen to Luck & Strange

I really like it - some songs are a bit different and that’s good , trying something unusual

Familiar melodies on some, as usual his guitar playing is wonderful, nice driving bass and drums

Big tick from me , but I’m a fan of his stuff anyway

4 Likes

@Mike_S

More I play this album the more I’m really enjoying it

On CD it’s got 2 bonus tracks one of which is “Luck and Strange” - original barn jam

Volume up it’s brilliant - Richard Wright on piano and Hammond

3 Likes

Good stuff @Bevo. The vinyl is top notch too, though you don’t get the extra two tracks, beautifully presented with gatefold sleeve and a booklet. I think you need it.

I think so Mike, got his last 3 on vinyl - live at Pompeii very impressive

1 Like

That’s on the hi res file as well

Yep just listened to it

For some reason I find the album sounds better on CDX2.2 ( as transport though the NDX2 dac) than the straight hi res

Nothing really in it though , both great

1 Like

Just got the vinyl and gave it a first play. Initial thoughts. It’s ok a bit bland in places with some very nice guitar throughout.
Maybe it will grow on me.

1 Like

I have played it a few times now Premmyboy and it does grow on you. Will be getting the vinyl today with luck. It’s not DSOTM but it’s pretty good imho.

2 Likes