Download now available for Naim Streamers

Ah, sure. Thanks!
It was meant as a measure, if the manual search does not work immediately (for whatever reason). I thought that obvious, but it surely helps to point that out.

After trying a few times I was able to access the upgrade this morning. No problems so far. Is there a straightforward way to find Tidal Max files?

In the Tidal app, if you select the search icon at the bottom, and then scroll down, you’ll find a highres search option that will serve up a lot to test with.

Also when opening an album you can see in the Tidal app if it says Max, then its hires. If it says high you getting 16/44.

1 Like

I got the update available when I hit check for updates but when I hit continue it just goes back to the system tab??
I tried clearing cache, rebooting my phone and tablet, shut down and unplugged my ND5XS2 for 5 minutes(hitting power button to sure power drainage) and still goes back to system without updating when I hit continue??

So the firmware and the Internet Radio updates are one and the same?

Yes, the new Naim radio service is basically the headline feature of the latest and upcoming Firmware releases.

5 Likes

Is this all so for the NSC 222 as mines on 5.0.2. Is there a list of updates with dates somewhere?.

The New Classic firmware update hasn’t been released yet.

2 Likes

For anyone looking for release notes, Naim tell me these are included in the update. These are shown to the end-user via the app, or available to see on the front panel display if doing the update from the screen/remote control.

They are however just an overview glance, as there isn’t enough room for instructions or details etc.

New Features:

Support for new Naim Internet Radio

Support for TIDAL Max

Support for Q-Play

Fixes and Improvements:

In rare circumstances an extended play queue playback session could cause a restart

Improvements to general stability

6 Likes

New Classic FW updates will hopefully be released next week, all being well.

5 Likes

Anyone installed on ND555 yet?

still no display functionality changes :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi Drago,

I have installed on my ND555, (I started this thread) all went well with no issues other than restarting my phone. Although apparently if you leave it a few minutes the app will see the streamer again.

1 Like

Will this also be for the NDS to resolve radio issues?

1 Like

Yes, I’m told it will be coming to the legacy platform as well. I don’t have any eta from Naim though on this.

4 Likes

Tried to update my ND5 XS2, but it didn’t work. Lost connection with my router. Cable connected, no wifi. Tried connecting it with wifi, no connection. Then unpowered the streamer and went to my router and connected it directly without switch, powered on. Just one orange blink. Then green standby knob 2.4.10 sequence. Meaning?
Also tried disconnect power for 1 hour. Back on. Now the orange light up 10 seconds. Then standby and blue light… then nothing.
What happened?

Great, thanks

Hi and welcome
This does not sound so good. When there was connection lost to the nd5xs2 it could be the same as powering down during update, which is strictly forbidden.
I would try to power it down for some time and try it again - and do a full reset

1 Like

Not sure what the issue was earlier but it looks like it updated itself while I was gone for the morning?
Version now saying 3.10.0(5598) :beers:

What is Q-Play?

No need to answer, I see it’s mentioned in the pinned topic for the New Naim Internet Radio - feed back and requests.