Download now available for Naim Streamers

I did that. Now turning blue. Meaning updating?
Can’t do the full reset with that pin at the back, doesn’t react to that.

Thanks Richard, I appreciate this note!

Mine turned blue for a few then restarted automatically.

Well, it is blue an hour now and nothing is happening…

Yikes. I’d power-restart. When mine was blue it was only for 15-30 seconds or so. I was watching it the whole time.

1 Like

Blue means update - the colour is fine but not for an hour

1 Like

Did update
Went fine but no device seen on app
Done on iPad and restarted iPad. No difference
Should I do “set up new device”?
David

1 Like

Hmmm

Did a restart just now.
Waiting, hoping and cross fingers.
Otherwise back to the dealer.
My ND5 XS2 is just 1 month old!!
It’s a shame it doesn’t work as it should be, everything worked just fine, I never should have updated in the 1st place. I was extremely happy with Qobuz and didn’t need the Tidal update…

Atom HE updated
All seems good , although as other’s have mentioned phone needed restart to find atom again
No big deal :+1:

Just upgraded my NDX2. The upgrade seems to have completed - I have the menu screen displaying on the NDX2, but the top- right button is flashing and the device is not being seen by the app.
Been that way for several minutes.
Anybody else experiencing this ?

While confusing, I agree, the app is designed to ignore the streamer for about 15 minutes after an update is started. Even if the device is started again the app will stubbornly keep ignoring it till the timer runs out. No need to restart just wait till it shows up.

Or use cheat mode, use the app on a second device. Another phone or tablet or Mac. If the app in question was not the one initiating the update it will show the streamer as soon at its started.

1 Like

In fact the screen has just gone black (blank) but still the top-right button is flashing and NDX2 not seen by app.

Is it pulsing steadily or is it flashing in a sequence that can be translated to numbers?

Seems to be two sequences of two flashes, followed by six flashes: 2-2-6.

The streamer is now visible in the app but when I select it the app flashes up a message box stating they the streamer is not responding.

In that case the streamer is reporting an error with that code. Could not find what that one means.

You probably need to contact Naim support with that number, unfortunately.

You can also try starting a new thread on the forum asking if anyone knows what that error is and how to deal with is.

Sorry.

My ND5 XS2 updated OK, or seems to have done. I turned off the ND5 XS2 after LED went green again and also my 'phone to restart the app.

Thanks for your help. Been this way for 30mins now. Considering a power cycle.

It’s a pleasure, sorry I can’t help more. No idea what a power cycle will do. Some errors can be fixed this way but I cannot find any reference to this one and what the effect would be.

Hmmm… on power cycle it seems to be going through the update again.

1 Like