Download now available for Naim Streamers

The software update is delivered by new firmware. The firmware itself won’t fail. But it seems that occasionally the process of updating the firmware does cause an individual unit to misbehave. It’s unusual and usually there is a way to solve it, but the customer needs a dealer or Naim to get involved, especially for a very new streamer.

My nearest dealer is over 200km away :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Is this the case? Dealer support down under would be a challenge. Should I not upgrade the ND555?

And the rest of the world (outside of the UK)!

3 Likes

Atom and NDX2 updated without any issues.

2 Likes

ND5 XS2 updated without any problems. Thanks Naim.

1 Like

Are there instructions for fixing the Radio links? I have done a little searching but must be missing something?

Wait until all have updated their Nd555.
It’s like suspected poison. You let drink or eat others , wait, and then follow or not. :joy:

2 Likes

Just search for the new ones and save them.

By “…Naim getting involved…” I didn’t just mean “send it back to the factory” but also the point that phoning or emailing Naim support may provide a solution for the unusual problems, instructions on how to enable the old firmware for example.

Perhaps I should have been clearer - apologies.

1 Like

So Tidal working fine after firmware upgrade to Atom HE, are hi-res radio stations now playing in higher quality or same?

Thanks a lot.
I also have an nd5xs2…
I have no need for tidal - use Qobuz.
And I do not listen to radio.

Nevertheless like to have new firmware.
Will wait for other reports on the update.

Strange that you have to send it in. Some work can be done via remote access.
But it is not usual for naim to go bang after 5 weeks. Own naim for decades and had so much stuff. Very reliable!!!

1 Like

Remote access? It can’t connect to internet in the first place, so they will never be able to remote access it…

1 Like

Point for you!

1 Like

Dear Naim,
Given all the confusion, as described above, it might be wise to immediately refer to the Naim community in the description in the app of such a major update for more information about the content of the update and what you should and especially should not do during installation. greetings, Jan

1 Like

We will try :joy:

More seriously, if you want to be read by Naim, you have to send a message to Naim support.

Anyone know if the current version of the Naim app is required to control the unit after the update completes? I’d imagine old versions would not understand the new radio service protocols.

You need just the current release version of the app, for the time being.

1 Like

Thanks David.

I was an iOS version or two behind actually, but just updatd before doing the Nova - nice app update, several subtle things which I’m immediately liking.

I was probably thinking about older devices with older iOS versions which might not be able to communicate with the Nova with the new radio services. Hopefully though older apps if I can’t upgrade might just work with reduced functionality.