Download now available for Naim Streamers

Does anyone know what the „support for Q-play“ is related to?

It’s a Chinese streaming service very popular in China apparently.

1 Like

It’s a Chinese service (think Spotify in Mandarin)

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks.

my update to my ND5XS2 was seemless and was up and running in 10mins.

2 Likes

Any updates when the are releasing the firmware for the New Classics?

2 Likes

Hi Richard. Once it’s installed how do you see the change log?
I did check in all menu of the mobile app but could not find any note.
It may have shown up at install time but I may have been too excited to read it and clicked next.

Yes that is when you would have seen it if you had been looking, on the “update available” screen for that streamer.

I’ve not had any further update as yet.

Richard, are the releases staggered to help manage the increase in support calls and emails? Or are the other releases still being ‘finessed’?

I would guess it’s for listening tests and finessing.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane Released now :+1:.

ATB, J

1 Like

Mu-so 2 finally updated!

1 Like

And its here!

2 Likes

Hmmm yes. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but on my 222 it seems to be able to play hi-res files through Tidal Connect, but not from the native app. Everything defaults to FLAC 44.1/ 16-bit. Also on the Tidal setting page on the Naim app, I have a choice of Normal/ High/ HiFi and it’s set to Hi-fi. Am I doing something wrong? Streamer has updated OK.

I just updated the firmware on my NSS 333. But when I play a track I hear no sound!

There’s no update available for the app. It’s v7.0.1 (11293) on iOS. I don’t get the max quality choice but only as shown on my screenshot

I’ve just tried deleting the app and downloading from the App Store. Same issue. No option for “max” quality.

I tested the exact same album on my Mu-so 2. FLAC 192kHz 24-bit.

But the original Tidal app looks much better to me, so I use that.

If you select Settings and then About in the app you can see which version you have. Should be 7+