English Premier League Season 2023/24

We have a habit of breaking team bad runs so I think Saturday could be very interesting - not for either of us since we have too much invested in the result but for the neutrals.

Iā€™m another neutral who is cheering on Luā€™on. Those looming points deductions might well save your bacon.

2 Likes

More success for English clubs in Europe tonight West Ham and Liverpool both go through in the Europa League whilst Aston Villa go through in the Europa Conference unfortunately for the Super Seagulls nobody explained to De Zerbi the concept of two legged ties.

Deep joy, Bob. Now the greedy bar stewards in the ā€œEnglishā€ PL get to stomp all over the euro tournaments as well.

After that majestic performance, The Tartan Diego Simeoneā€™s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards are now ā€“ with the their THIRD CONSECUTIVE European quarter-final ā€“ official European footballing royalty.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiironnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Oh, and that first goal from Kudusā€¦ one of the two or three best goals I have ever seen ā€œlive, in the fleshā€ā€¦

9 Likes

Lots of happy hammers on the train home last night - I can see why. Good to see Cressy back and scoring too.

1 Like

Crikey is that a real picture ? You know, it ainā€™t been manipulated at all on Photoshop, has it ? She could be in trouble again.

Just how many hands does Kate have ? :rofl:

4 Likes

I told you Kev, when the Spammers were going through a rough patch, that it wouldnā€™t surprise me if you recover and go on and win the Europa Cup.

Well, maybe itā€™s gonna happen :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s a great memory to have of seeing it live.

I was at Carrow Road the day in 1980 Justin Fashanu scored one of the most famous goals ever, against Liverpool.

This was the best game I have ever seen live & MOTD that evening devoted their whole program to that one game for the entire hour, with Jimmy Hill saying that they would have broadcast the entire 90 minutes if they had been allowed to.

Being Norwich I must add the caveat that we lost 3-5ā€¦

2 Likes

I do remember that goal, it was a stunner.

2 Likes

It was fate I suppose that Timber now playing for Bayern would meet The Arsenal in the Champions League. I just wanted to avoid Real, Athletico Madrid and the cheats and preferred Barca, Dortmund or Bayern Munich.

I watched both in person and on TV Bayern hammer us 5-1 home and away in our last (before Porto) CL knockout match that was though a very, very different Bayern side.

And if we beat them we have either the cheats or Real in the semi.

Watching Abu Dhabi v Saudi in their local Derby. Tomorrow itā€™s the turn of the USA in both the FA cup and at Elland Road. Does it matter, opinions will vary?

Now children, gather round.

Now, if we all sit on the floor, cross our fingers, close our eyes really really tight and make a wish, do you know what will happen ?

Tonightā€™s match will never have happened.

Ready ? All together.

2 Likes

Shocking tonight. Credit to Fulham - they played very well, but we were abysmal. The players and, I must admit, our coach too.

No excuses.

After making a statement with a 4-0 win away at Villa last week, Iā€™m afraid the statement got lost in translation today.

Ohā€¦ what itā€™s like being a Spurs fan. I mean lookā€¦ and Iā€™m only 23.

2 Likes

But thatā€™s what I look like and Iā€™m a Forest fan!

We canā€™t score and when weā€™re in the lead we make stupid substitutions that allow the opposition to attack while we sit back and fail to defend our lead. Relegation beckons.

1 Like

Heck, Iā€™m a Southampton fanā€¦ā€¦Iā€™ve looked like that for forty years (if not longer, but my memory ainā€™t that good these days)

1 Like

Hi Andrew, I have to agree, the substitutions took the balance out of Forest. Very strange, the game isnā€™t & wasnā€™t over at that point. Woods would have been better left on as a threat up front in my view and taking Gibbs-White off as well?!. Anyway that helped us and luckily & finally we found a way through a very dogged Forest defence. I beg to differ on the fact that relegation beckons; I think that you have too much quality - ok, it is not clicking all the time and even with any possible points deduction it will come down to the run in. We have Arsenal, Spurs & City away all in just over a week in a few weeks time and I donā€™t expect us to get anything from these games so that is 9 points that we will be dropping. I am not sure what your run is like but beat that!

Our run in is perhaps not as challenging as yours but we do play away at Spurs and Man City in April so theyā€™ll not be easy! The others are more of a mixed bag, anything could happen. Your team has an admirable tenacity, managing to score more goals in the last 15 minutes of matches than any other team in the Premier League if I am not mistaken. I think we have conceded more from set pieces than any other team! Who knows what will happen!??

Indeed, nothing is written in stone & we will continue to give it a go until the very end. I need to check on the dates for the Arsenal & City fixtures to see if they are around the time of the European games - hoping they might be distracted.

You play us the week before Champions League quarter finals and a couple of days after we go up to the Emptyhead but unfortunately because I think it benefits the Premier League to have teams like Luton in it I donā€™t think we will be letting up every game is a must win.

I for one will be cheering you on for the rst of the season accept against us which Iā€™ve actually got tickets for.

1 Like