English Premier League Season 2023/24

Can someone tell me how the rules mean you get sent off for scoring a goal like that! It’s pathetic! Let the lad enjoy it and let him stay on the pitch ffs

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Ah. Rats.

Ian wright is the best ball picker ever! Love him

Atb
Kk

It is a ridiculous rule. But it’s also ridiculous that players keep doing it.

2 Likes

It’s referee discretion too so just give the lad a break, scoring in a midweek league game up at The Amex or where ever then fair enough but scoring that goal just let him celebrate.

2 Likes

He knows the rules. He was a complete d!ck head. He got what he deserved. That is not a difficult rule to follow.

1 Like

I was suggesting the rule didn’t consider the game and the moment. Anyone who has played the game and scored such a goal might understand what i meant!

Atb
Kk

Good opportunity for Cole Palmer to score a hat trick against his old club,

1 Like

New England kit is being touted about. Away shirt is awful and plum. I hope that doesn’t suggest something similar to come in the headlines for the team at the Euros.

Honestly, it’s simple:

1. White shirt, dark shorts, white socks.
  2. Red shirt, white shorts, red socks.

Keep it that way!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree with you more.

I would switch sports here and comment on how daft some T 20 matches are when home and away teams turn up in almost identical colours

Grumble :rage: over

The pattern/colours down the sides are absolutely awful…

Botman out for 6-9 months. You couldn’t make it up. Unbelievable.

This really is the season that keeps on giving…:black_heart::white_heart:

I assume (hope) BDB goes back to centre half and Tino plays back at left back.

Willock and Anderson are just getting back to match fitness but we are going to think we have some great new players when all the long term injuries get back to being fit

Pope
Botman
Joelinton
Barnes
Wilson

And not forgetting the suspended Tonali

The seasons been a car crash Graeme. You have to question the pre-season, with an intensive trip to the US. The players were knackered by November.

They’ve just announced a game in May, just after the season ends, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. I think this, and the US tour, is all down to the ‘Saudis Marketing plan’ but it does have consequences.

I love NUFC, and will still be at every game, home and away, from now to the end of the season. But today was the icing on the cake, and I can’t wait for the season to end… :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

I suspect some sales may be needed in the summer. Almiron or even Bruno if he has 100m release clause

1 Like

NUFC seem to have really good players and a smallish squad , like butter it needs to be spread thinly …

Saka injured and unavailable for the England friendlies :rofl:

Yeh, right,

Maybe he can keep his friend Ben White company over the weekend…

Remind me someone. Who do The squatters play next wek ?..

There appears to be more interest in the colour of stitching on our shirt than there is about the average quality of some of the players gaining England caps. Our best, Foden, Bellingham & Rice looking ordinary in tonight’s team.

You’re forgetting who those players reflect whilst playing for England the manager Gareth Southgate because when they play for their respective clubs the likes of Foden, Bellingham and Rice are magnificent footballers.

It is not the players who when they pull on an England shirt automatically are shadows of themselves it is the brand of football they are asked to play by their manager and his choice of players Ben Chilwell?? Connor Gallagher?? Pickford?? Maguire?? and Jordan Henderson these are not players who will win an international tournament.

1 Like

That’s my exact point, we have genuinely talented players, the 3 I mentioned (plus Kane - our best - & Saka), who were unable to give of their best because the set up didn’t work. The papers have talked players like Gallagher & Gordon, who run around a lot, into the side. Dunk/Maguire compound the issue for me - modern CBs they ain’t. Kane I think is vital & often get’s Southgate off the hook. Watkins is never going to do that.

Southgate tbf is no worse than many other England managers & can justifiably claim to have done an ok job. It just feels like there’s more to be had from the players at our disposal just now. Failing to get the best out of our best is no way to play. And that’s an ordinary Brazil side.

2 Likes