English Premier League Season 2023/24

Thank God for Wet Spam. Deflecting attention from Spurs set of devients…

Edit. Phew ! Us poor Spurs fans. Why do we always do things the hard (and stressful) way.

One thing that you can be sure of is that we will concede around the 51st minute (ok, own goal in this case) & then crack at the end of the game (deflected goal this time). The result doesn’t do us any favours and now drops us back into the relegation zone. To be honest I didn’t expect to get anything out of the game but frustrating that we came close to taking a point. Injury list is now severe & we are having to rely on youth team players to survive in the Premier…and we only have Arsenal mid week.

With your team being so understrength, a full strength Spurs side like we had today should have strolled the game.
Recently we have been so flat in our games for the first 45 minutes and then woken up in the second half.
We create loads of chances, but our forward line has a problem hitting the barn door with a banjo.
Still, 3 points (sorry) and we battle on for a Champions League place. Hope your lot can survive, but time is running out.

1 Like

I wonder if today’s result at Stamford Bridge will finally be the nail in the coffin for Poch. Sacked at the end of the season ?

2-2 at home to Burnley, who had 10 men for most of the game…

1 Like

Oh dear Poch

1 Like

Notwithstanding West Hams long tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that was quite possibly the worst refereeing I’ve ever seen in the game at Newcastle today. Refereeing inexplicably aided and abetted by VAR

1 Like

What a bizarre game. Two poor teams, on the day. West Ham knackered for the last half hour and a threadbare NUFC never gave up. PROUD :black_heart::white_heart:

Letting a team score with an opposing team player down with a head injury is just not on. :rofl: Todays referee:-
IMG_3913

Man U where awful yesterday how they managed to rob a draw is quite unbelievable and if even half the Mainoo hype from United supporters is true and it looked like just hype yesterday he needs to bail from OT ASAP.

5 Likes

Was a wierd game and i admit i was surprised they played on after the ‘head injury’ that wasnt. Thats becoming a tactic in the game from all and sundry to kill momentum IMO.
That 2nd penalty though, ridiculous Gordon in effect tackled Phillips from behind and never got the ball. A full blown attempt to clear by phillips and Gordon may well have been badly injured and its still a foul on phillips
. Still we lost our way yet again when phillips came on, thats a transfer gone wrong if ever there was one.

1 Like

I sit a long way from the 2nd penalty and I think that decision could have gone either way. Tellingly, none of our players appealed… I honestly think West Ham were exhausted after an hour Terry. When they went 3-1 up they were SO comfortable.

But they seemed to stop playing and that let us in. Newcastle were awful for an hour, not helped by even more injuries. But I was proud how they stuck in and finished strongly. Hall and Barnes changed the game when they came on, but West Ham shouldn’t have lost that game.

1 Like

C’mon the Super Seagulls :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Watching the women’s League Cup final.

Not seen so many ponytails in one place since the first round of the Brian Kilcline lookey-likey auditions.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how Arsenal get on without the injured Saka.

Err, hold on…

5 Likes

Well I’m glad my Easter lunch interrupted that big game. Arse anal really showed what a small club they are. Bottled it again.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Not a game to live long in the memory. Credit the Gunners’ defensive performance, showing why they have conceded the fewest goals in the EPL. City’s usual tactics of keeping possession and being happy to ceaselessly cycle the ball in front of all eleven opposition players didn’t work today. I can’t recall a single good chance created. Pep doesn’t seem to have a tactical Plan B if his preferred plan doesn’t work. When he brought on Doku and Grealish, I thought the tempo of the game might change but they simply slotted into the same slow-tempo of City possession. Arteta will probably the happier of the managers - a point away ay City is a very respectable result - but happiest of all will be Klopp.

2 Likes

Not the result we wanted but that’s the first time a team has kept a clean sheet up there since Palace in 2021.

We’ve taken four points each off of both Liverpool and the cheats this season so we should be proud of that the only downer was Saka having to come off with a recurrence of the injury that saw him sent home from International duty hopefully he’ll recover soon he looks doubtful for Luton on Wednesday though.

Really? You must be in the minority of Arsenal supporters then.

Arsenal time wasted and fouled their way to a 0-0 draw and their fans in the Etihad were ecstatic at the final whistle.

2 Likes

You are being complimentary to Manchester United .

2 Likes

Yep that’s three matches against us this season with two losses and a draw for you the supposed best team on the planet.

Yesterday’s game between Human Rights Abuse FC and The Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards was a real thriller - end to end stuff.

Sadly WHUFC were undone by some atrocious referring; and Moyesiah’s baffling, bizarre and ultimately catastrophic decision to substitute Antonio (who’d been tormenting Saudi’s defence all game) with the walking disaster that is K Phillips, who yet again gifted the opposition a goal. A draw would have been a fair result but the officiating and Moyes’ defensive mindset gifted the Barcodes the three points.

On another note - everyone watch out for Anthony Gordon, an oily toerag and a cheating little schit who’s fast catching up with Saka as the EPL’s least likeable and most dishonest player.

3 Likes