English Premier League Season 2023/24

Agreed. And frankly, it’s now fairly clear that all this money is ‘ruining’ the enjoyment factor of many sports imo.

Time was, 3rd and 4th tier English football could be a hard watch but these days often seems to be more entertaining and absorbing than many Prem/Championship games.

TV money completely fkd English RFU imo and F1 is a piss take through and through. Cricket is now borderline for the most part.

The debt levels are amazing considering the amount of money in the industry.

Mind you I’m watching the CRY v MCI game and it’s full so obviously some can afford at ticket.

My season ticket for Palace costs £700 so for 19 matches that works out at about £37 a match. I think that some of those other London clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are quite a bit more expensive

1 Like

That’s manageable obviously, I paid $1,250 Au for 2 tickets to Lords for a day at the cricket. Tbh I thought it would have been more especially with your £.

The big clubs pay their players the big bucks, probably have the biggest and best stadiums that all leads to higher ticket prices. Sales to tourists should beat a premium.

I pay about $250 a year to watch all games live or replays.

2 Likes

My season ticket works out at £46 per game at Chelsea in West Stand lower.

Not as much as I thought!

In the 22 years I have had my season ticket it has only gone up £50!

1 Like

Accrington Stanley ?

Officials at Brighton have simply taken a bung.

The squatters are trying their best to bribe their way to the title, obviously.

EPL’s Juventus.

Brighton where unbeaten at home since last September and for good reason but Arsenal where just too good on the day.

Brighton have been absolutely crap over the last few weeks. Players out of form or injured, aided by a coach who wants out.

Arsenal won today due to bent officiating, as usual.

Congratulations to Luton today a massive win for the Hatters against Bournemouth.

3 Likes

After Luton capitulated against the squatters, they can bugger of to the Championship… :rofl:

Sorry @AndrewG :grinning:

We seem to be doing a Charlton this year …. Chasing Europe with 15 games to go, and then season almost over with 8 games to go.

A tiny bit of hope left, but it feels like nothing’s gelled since the New Year.

Si not qualifying for Europe again might not be the worst thing for B&HA with the money you have available this summer to improve your squad and without the Thursday/Sunday fixture list of the two lesser European competitions you could have a brilliant 24/25 season.

1 Like

Best game of the round from outsiders view was Wolves v West Ham and the first scoreless half Lut v Bournemouth.

1 Like

As a Forest supporter, I think that AndrewG might also be in agreement @Wugged_Woy :grin: - As a Luton supporter I might have to politely suggest that we battle on - we did what we could against Arsenal but some of the team have their GCSEs coming up & if they are not in bed by 22:00 then their mums get really cross :sweat_smile:

Luton impressive resilience again today. They deserve to stay up, while Everton, who got very lucky today, should be given a stint in the Championship - long overdue!

We just have to beat Spurs tomorrow night, although our record against them is poor. I just hope Brennan Johnson has an off day.

3 Likes

Play how you did against us and you have a very good chance of getting at least a draw.