English Premier League Season 2023/24

It was hideous to watch, but it’s become the norm. All teams, including yours and mine, have cheats. And they all need to be punished retroactively.

A sampling of the many:
Newcastle - Gordon
Spurs - Mount
Chelsea - Sterling
Man Utd - Fernandes
Liverpool - Salah (although it pains me to say so)
Man City - Grealish
Arsenal - Saka

But all are miles behind Kane and Ronaldo

We refuse to be responsible for Mount…
:grin:

1 Like

Bugger. I meant Madison, a fine player who gets right up my shonker.

Great word shonker no idea what it is though

1 Like

This is a family-friendly forum, so best not to ask :wink:

2 Likes

With any luck Sterling would receive a ban for 196 games. At least.

1 Like

“Shonker!!!” I’m 59 years old, and love it when I learn new words!! I’m going to use that one :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh dear what happened up at Anfield last night?

Too many changes to Liverpool’s starting line-up, and taking a very decent Atalanta for granted.

1 Like

Time to dig this one out again, I think…

8 Likes

I blame our away kit. How on earth are we supposed to compete wearing that monstrosity.

2 Likes

Mrs Pete said the same thing, the players were ashamed

1 Like

It’s indescribable! Reminds me of that Billy Connolly sketch about the “beige jobbie!”.

1 Like

Well…I did not see that one coming. Yes, Spurs had an off day, but Newcastle were brilliant today. Proud :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

From the Beeb…

"There’s question marks again for United’s defence as Justin Kluivert is found in acres of space on the left.

He’s allowed to dribble uncontested into the box before shiting to one side and thumping it into the left corner."

Oh I say, can he do that ? In front of everyone ?

2 Likes

The Beeb also had the Toon winning 3-0 against…. Newcastle :thinking::crazy_face: I guess there was only one team in it :joy:

2 Likes

I mistakenly made the same mistake in a work email last week :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m actually pleased for your boys, Andy. There’s always a lot of respect here for Newcastle. You well deserved it (we were pants).

Lots of questions now at Tottenham Towers. We still have a long way to go with our rebuild, and our league position flatters us somewhat. A lot of work, by management, coaches and players is necessary.

That’s kind Woy. It’s nice to have a voice of reason on this thread sometimes. I do think your team had an off-day today. Werner was poor, Son was subdued and there seemed to be a huge gap between your Centre Backs, which we exploited today.

But…I like Spurs. They still have a great chance of getting into the CL. I also like the manager (though I have to turn the volume up when he’s on​:grinning:). He is fair, and honest, unlike the odious Klopp and Arteta. Take care. :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

I thought we did extremely well today given our somewhat strange team line up. Murphy actually looked pretty decent as a sort of right wing back. Eddie certainly got his tactics spot on today.

The game was on here at 04:30 way too early for me to watch live (as I wasn’t very confident anyway) so I knew the score when I watched it later which allowed for a less stressful watch. Schar did very well shepherding Son and it was funny watching Longstaff’s head swivel every minute or so as he went looking for Maddison. And Bruno managed to go 14 games in a row without a booking, that must be some sort of record for him, so a potential two match ban disappears.

I actually thought Maddison was lucky to be on the pitch, he should have had a booking for a foul on Gordon and then a second one would have been it. He should have gone last week as well for a blatant punch. He is undoubtedly talented but needs to settle down a bit more.

I was most surprised that Ange still had them playing such a high line in the second half after the way the first panned out.

Anyway, a good team performance by Newcastle and Spurs definitely below their standard of this season.

1 Like