English Premier League Season 2023/24

It did look a bit strange.

1 Like

Serious question to Bobby. If you were actually there would you have left early?

Atb
Kk

Congrats Oli :star_struck:

Glasnost - a new era for Palace!

1 Like

Nah. KEEP HIM IN !! :rofl:

5 Likes

4 Likes

2 good games in the title race today. Had expected City to hit the top during February. Took a little longer. It’s not over but City have a better squad/better players so it’s no surprise they look likely to win the league again. Same old same old really.

Bob must now refer to it as the Emptyrates Stadium

5 Likes

I said yesterday after City went top that there could be some slip ups today but didn’t expect both Liverpool and Arsenal to lose. Being an Arsenal fan I thought we played the better in the first half but didn’t finish. Villa definitely played better in the second half and deserved the win.

1 Like

Let’s keep some perspective. City are (just) 2 points ahead of both Arsenal and Liverpool with another EIGHTEEN points to play for. Plenty of room for more twists and turns.

1 Like

Teams of a lower calibre who have nothing of consequence to play for will always feel they have ‘won’ something when much better rival teams above them who are actually competing for major honours have lost a match.

1 Like

Agreed I thought Martin Odegaard was on a different level in the first half when we buy an out and out goal scorer in the summer to get on the end of the many chances we create things will improve vastly.

You are right it’s advantage to Etihad FC but there is still a lot to play for Arteta got it wrong today but I have absolute faith that he will deliver major honours to my club if not this season the definitely during the next couple.

Ollie Watkins would do nicely. Boyhood Gooner, and all that good stuff.

I think Villa are finally reading their full potential, instead of being perennial under performers , likewise Newcastle

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t have left the stadium early yesterday I think it was the one time that my team really needed to feel the full support of their fans so what can I say we have an element of entitled fair weather fans shock horror! So do Liverpool I’ve seen their fans leave early this week, so do United Old Trafford has been deathly silent many times this season when all you can hear are the away fans singing, So have Spurs and so have the cheats who play to non capacity crowds when they are winning trebles.

1 Like

Ollie Watkins would be a great addition though I think for a 28 year old Villa would want silly money for him.

Just watch out for Fulham to beat Liverpool next Sunday. On our day we (FFC) can beat just about any Premiership side… especially at home. We also have Man City at the Cottage too, so little old Fulham may have an influence on the title race.

3 Likes

Let’s hope so I for one will cheering Fulham and your ex Arsenal contingent on. Come on the Fulham!!

I hate seeing fans leave early Bob, and personally I would never do it. However, I do appreciate the genuine disappointment this game can bring us. Thousands of Spurs fans left early at SJP on Saturday, for the second season running.

I know it’s been said umpteen times, but Arsenal are desperate for a 20 goal a season out-and-out striker. They’ve got some great midfielders but playing someone like Jesus just puts too much pressure on them to regularly score goals. It’s not over until it’s over, but I feel yesterday was pivotal in the title race.

1 Like