English Premier League Season 2023/24

COME ON HARRY … !!!

What used to be BT sport. Now called TNT sport for some reason. Real Madrid one up

Well he hasn’t won any silverware with Bundesliga so last chance for this season!

The scene is set for a Saka-dive…

Shame for the Gooners

But……KdB!

1 Like

What a pity. The cheats and their racist fans are out.

Proud of my team first time back in the Champions League after six years and we go out in the quarter finals to Bayern Munich we ran out of steam and out of ideas towards the end and where beaten by a superior team on the night but it can take a few tries to win that trophy ask Pep.

7 Likes

Like I said ask Pep.

Arteta actually got his tactics and selection right tonight he was just beaten by a vastly more experienced manager and a vastly more experienced team but I’m really proud his our manager and I have every faith he will eventually bring a major trophy back to North London.

1 Like

City don’t half over complicate it around the box, they’re clearly an excellent side but it’s seldom a great watch and they seem to find shooting an alien concept. That’s not the Real Madrid which once played the kind of football only the likes of Brazil have played but defending opponents out of a competition still counts.

Don’t think the fans helped

2nd city guy showed up for his penalty and looked a bit nervous. Ball seemed to be held up with city fans behind the goal, and seemed to therefore be an age before he was able to take his penalty.

By that time he looked even more nervous, and totally fluffed his kick.

Small margins, but don’t think the delay helped.

You have to wonder why City fans held onto the ball. A Panenka is always high risk I reckon. I’m a big fan of ‘just leather it’.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say he fluffed the pen, he’s banking on the goalie diving (doesn’t matter which way) as he’s putting it down the middle. He was out thought, how many goalies just stand still?

Both Arsenal and Asterix FC’s front threes had stinkers last night and both deserved to go out because of it, it’s no more complicated than that.

1 Like

After that performance, there is nothing for the Squatters’ fans to be proud of. They were embarrassing poor last night, limply losing to a poor Bayern side (ask yourself why Bayern have lost the Bundesliga by a boat load of points).

Fans saying they ran out of steam ? Don’t make me laugh. Hah, what are they gunner do for the rest of the season ? They simply stank.

When it comes to the crunch, both the players and Artetachoke (cheers, Kev) do a major bottle job, time and time again.

Ultimately, the blame must go on the coach who is unable to get the team to perform. He should be sacked of course. But, luckily for the rest of us, the Squatter Board are like the three proverbial monkeys :rofl:

1 Like

That’s going somewhat beyond acceptable banter. You also cast a similar slur at Citeh fans. What’s going on?

Ravvie,
I was referring to a terrible chant by their fans about Ange and his heritage. A chant quoted on this thread jokingly by an Arsenal fan.

However, if some deem it unacceptable for me to mention it, I will amend the post.

I have never called City fans racist. I have a lot of respect for City. You must be mistaken. There is one poster here though that constantly attacks City and their fans…

Sorry, I mistakenly thought you meant City in your previous post when you said

Of course, it is only Bob that keeps bleating on about “cheats”

1 Like

Again you are veering away from football teams and getting personal this thread is about football not the people who post I’ve ignored you for most of this season but you just don’t seem to be able to differentiate between what is football banter and what is your personal opinion of the person posting and in your desperation to provoke me you are over stepping the mark.

Fine if you don’t like the form that banter takes call IT out do not use it as a reason to throw cheap shots at the person involved Banter is fine but against each others teams not each other.

In any other walk of life getting together with other people to publicly insult and slander another person would be called bullying.

You are out order again do not call me a racist or discuss your personal opinion of me publicly again please. Keep it to the football and the football teams.