English Premier League Season 2023/24

The hopeful loss of another place in the ‘Most Teams In It Are Not Champions’ league is a very good thing. It’s creating and attempting to expand the gap between the ‘elite’ and the rest.
Ruining football by greed, no FA cup replays now, what’s next?

1 Like

Those poor little Prem. boys having to play a couple of extra games per season. Such a hard life, eh !
And paid SO little too.

It must be so so difficult for them getting up and playing football, especially if they haven’t had their Ribena.

Maybe a shift down the nearest coal mine would wake them up.

What happened to the days of fielding ‘weaker’ teams and giving the kids a shot in cup games?

5 Likes

Exciting first FA Cup semi final in which Chelsea had the better chances. Jackson really really poor yet again for Chelsea. He and Sterling just not good enough at this level. City obviously tired after the midweek exertions but managed to find a way. Hopefully an all-Manchester final (from my point of view anyway).

1 Like

Well that game neatly mirrored the majority of our season.

1 Like

It was a pretty decent semi and thought apart from some poor finishing and passing in the final third Chelsea where equal to Asterix FC.

Not a swashbuckling performance from The Arsenal tonight but that 2-0 win away at Wolves puts us back on top and right in the hunt no doubt fans of Chelsea and The Spuds will be hoping they derail our title challenge this weeks two really tough games in the next 7 days.

We need the Superseagulls to do us a huge favour this week even a draw would be brilliant.

That’s 6 clean sheets in a row for David Raya away from equalling the all time record at Arsenal football club. Just looked this up and he has actually beaten the record quite a thing to do in your first season.

Not a great performance from the Town today; one that keeps us in trouble. Brentford fully deserved their victory, one that probably ensures that they are safe for another season. We lacked character and appetite and Brentford punished us heavily (the scoreline could have been worse tbh) - if we play as we did today in our other games then it really will be goodnight Vienna, sooner as opposed to later. A shame but the gap today was sizeable.

I thought Luton looked a bit nervy at the start and once the first goal went in they just looked flat. Ross Barkley in particular looked like he was treading water. Its a shame as I was rooting for you to win to go ahead of Forest and Everton - that would have made their game tomorrow even more tense and tetchy.

Yep, have to agree on all counts Graeme, especially keeping the pressure on those teams just above and still in the scrap.

More than equal imo.

But for a series of if’s; if Jackson’s confidence was up; if we’d had one of two pen shouts; if our final pass was more on the money than it was; if Goal Palmer clearly hadn’t been carrying an injury through much of the game Chelsea could have been out of sight before City got a look in.

Shame.

I don’t get the Asterix FC joke Bob?

If they are found guilty of even some of their 115 FFP charges then all of their trophies will have an asterix against them. I do not believe they should be stripped of them if found guilty but they will have a huge shadow over them.

1 Like

Brilliant performance by the Eagles today!

Moyes out!! (Said it for you Kev!)

Piss poor offside call against Cov. there.
No way those micro lines should be classed as offside.
Rules need updating.

4 Likes

Such a shame for Coventry and a p*ss-poor performance from MU to go from 3-0 to 3-3

1 Like

Hate VAR, never wanted it, robbing fans of elation. They draw lines for the scorer but don’t do the same for the assister to show when the ball left the foot. Coventry robbed.

6 Likes

That was heartbreaking to watch poor Coventry and the sight of Man Ure players beating and kissing the badge after throwing away a three goal lead was truly sickening as where the supporters who left, came back and then celebrated winning the shootout.