English Premier League Season 2023/24

Easy
Atb
Kk

Queasy more like.
Once again Ten Haag takes off Unitedā€™s two best players at 3-0 up. He is utterly clueless, and even if ManU somehow win the final, he will surely be gone in the summer. Rashford should have been hoiked off at half time. Feel really sorry for Coventry.

Forest were lacking inspiration today and, as usual, didnā€™t defend well - two goals from outside the box! But what do we have to do to get a penalty? 3 separate incidents involving Ashley Young, 2 of them definite penalties! Forest will complain but it will be seen as pointless whinging by most (non Forest supporters). At this rate we deserve to be relegated!

1 Like

Liverpool overcome a very good Fulham side to draw level with Arsenal on points to keep it tight at the top just goal difference keeps them apart.

I have been quoted odds of 2/1 that City will score the quickest final goal ever. I might take a punt.

Itā€™s a make or break week for The Arsenal first Chelsea at home and then The Spuds away both sets of fans online are adamant they are taking points and wrecking our title chances personally Iā€™m 50/50 Iā€™m not as confident as I was about these two fixtures a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™m hoping the tired legs I saw yesterday at Wolves where just us holding back a little and conserving energy.

Saka looks burned out, Martinelli hasnā€™t really come into form this season especially post his latest injury, Havertzā€™s mid season run of form has fallen off a bit though to be fair he has been asked to play back in Midfield and both Jesus and Trossard look much better off the bench so up front weā€™ve taken a step backwards but still Iā€™d like to see a fron three of Martinelli, Havertz and Saka.

Our midfield Iā€™m still Happy with Odegaard and Rice especially and behind them Iā€™m happy with either Partey or Jorginho but I think Arteta will go with Jorginho. At the back weā€™re still strong though the left back position is a problem Tomiyasu is injured again Zinchenko canā€™t defend and Kiwior is shakey of late so Iā€™m praying after playing for the U23ā€™s last week that Jurrien Timber can start.

Dumb question but why cut holes out of the back of the socks?

Itā€™s a bad case of moths ā€¦I believe its to relieve the tightness / pressure around the calf muscles ā€¦me thinks its all now a bit of a silly trend :flushed:

1 Like

To reduce pressure

1 Like

Does that mean all of the Arsenal players will be doing it or do they not feel pressure :thinking::joy:

1 Like

What a goal

ā€¦

1 Like

Crikey !

The Squatters are next playing a poor Chelsea team at home, and a Spurs side away that is playing absolute garbage, and their fans are still starting to come out with the excuses !!!

I get the feeling their fans are expecting their team to bottle it again, so they have to get the excuses in early !

Definitely a candidate for goal of the month. Eze is such a talent but I fear it will be difficult to hold onto him, and Olise, in the summer transfer window. However, we should get a good price for them. Tā€™was ever thus for teams not backed by countries overflowing with petrodollars

Why doesnā€™t the club just buy bigger socks ?

Cole Palmer a doubt for tonight so fingers crossed and also Gusto is injured arguably Chelseaā€™s two most potent players.

Palmer is only an illness so Iā€™m expecting to see him at least on the bench if not starting.

I went for the Grealish look in my match today!

1 Like

No, Grealish would either be rolling around on the ground or cutting in on his right foot :wink:

1 Like

If I had worn my socks like that when I played amateur league stuff when a lad, especially sans shinpads, I would have spent a lot of time in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, in plaster.

Sissy game nowadays.

Jack Grealish is an exceptional talent dumbed down by Guardiolaā€™s tactics Iā€™d have him at my club any day and so would all of you.

Unfortunately for him Asterix Fc paid his clubs valuation heā€™d have done much better staying put now under Unai Emery he may well have achieved his full potential and a return to Villa isnā€™t beyond the realms and would be an excellent choice for him and the England team.

Do City actually want the players they buy, or is it just to deny their rivals? If Guardiola didnā€™t see Grealish as a maverick, but brilliant, attacking midfielder but as something else entirely, why sign him? Same goes for Kalvin Phillips or, indeed that Erling Haaland chap ā€“ among others.

All will rue the peak years they wasted at that horrible club. Then again, they can always cry all the way to the bank.

1 Like