English Premier League Season 2023/24

As a Newcastle fan, I think Tonali looks to have everything, but time will tell, of course…

Other than that, I think Mac Allister looks like an excellent acquisition. £35m for a World Cup winner who will start every game (if fit), seems like a shrewd signing.

3 Likes

Tonali is an exceptional player and should prove a great signing. transitioning to the premier league is always an issue though.

I think rice pudding is a dreadful signing at that price. Those little sky award upstarts will not be impressed with him and his salary. Implosion pending.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Are you ever going to comment on Man U kk? Like @Wugged_Woy you’re OBSESSED with the goings on at the Emirates. I’m not judging you both I’m obsessed with them too.

1 Like

I have commented when I needed to. You have made this thread arse anal tv so I thought I would make a comment. Sorry if it didn’t meet your expectations Bobby

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Well add something about Man U. There are many other posts about other things too.

I’ve always liked Declan Rice. A talented, hard-working player who has improved himself each season. Seems grounded, too. But, gosh, with a price ticket of £105m hanging round his neck expectations will be very high. I’m sure Arsenal fans will give him time but the sports media can be unforgiving. Ask Harry Maguire.

1 Like

Yes there is always that fear I must add though that it was West Ham who hung that price tag around his neck and also HM and DR are not even in the same stratosphere Declan will hit the ground running 100%.

Your point is fair, but Rice seems a mature and grounded guy. Like @Bobthebuilder, I think he’ll be great from the word go. And I think Havertz will thrive alongside him.

But as long as Citeh have the Cyborg, they’ll be favourites. I suspect Liverpool, with their newly freshened, young midfield will be much better this season.

Ange will need a year, but will Levy give him that? And can Poch drive a clown car?

2 Likes

Very, very funny @bhoyo.

Agreed of course the cheats will be the team to beat and though Liverpool have made two excellent signings they need more a lot more. I believe Newcastle, Aston Villa and Brighton have a good chance to go above Chelsea and the Spuds though European football could hinder all three a little.

I have a feeling that the Man U takeover will rumble on and on it’s hard to believe that the Glaziers would spend over £100 million on Mount and Onana if they where serious about selling but who knows but United’s success will hinge on that.

For me it will be Arsenal and The Cheats again plus Liverpool if they add more strength to the spine of the team if not they might struggle then it’s a toss up between United, Newcastle, Chelsea and Villa with Brighton in the mix too if they make some signings too improve squad depth to cope with Europe.

1 Like

My recent post…

"One thing I can say in defence of the Arsenal spending spree… :wink:

At least they are willing to spend what they need to, to get their main targets.

Ol’ baldy down the Lane is constantly trying to save a bob or two all the time, meaning we either miss out on players or we decide to buy second or third choice players.

We are currently after two CB’s but it looks like we won’t pay the going rate for the most favoured one and will sign the cheaper no. 2 choice and supplement the defence with a CB who Barca are desperate to offload and who, on loan, was hardly inspiring for us last season.

Well, we’ll save a bob or two. Joe Lewis needs it I suppose."

Maybe read the thread more closely. Both me and Keano talk about our teams.
The thing is, you constantly talk about your mob, prompting replies from others.

You didn’t have to buy him…

You take good care of my boy Ange or there’ll be trouble ; )

1 Like

He’s our Angel now :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

The Spuds have made a couple of good signings so far under Ange so much hinges on Kane though I’m of the opinion that unless he commits they should sell him now and use the money to help Ange rebuild the squad.

If he’s as good for you as he was for us, you’ll be a happy boy, Woy.

1 Like

*Bayern’s Uli Hoeness: “Harry Kane has very clearly signalled that his decision was made”.
“If he keeps his word, we will sign him. Tottenham will have to give up, we’ve to get an asking price from Levy”.
“Rummenigge speaks to him regularly”, he added "

Oh dear. Seems BM have no idea about Daniel Levy… :rofl:

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot !!!

They must not have realised that Spurs are not like the teams in the Bundesliga who bend over and take it when BM call… :rofl:

They want to push through a move now, stating that he’s a free agent in a year. They fail to understand that if Harry leaves on a free in a years time, there will be a glut of teams wanting to buy him, not just them !!!

Bayern are embarrassing and dog p@@ (forgive the french). They use this tactic all the time.

Not, I assume the elder Mali Blues guitarist?
(Got three of his albums, and bl00dy good they are!)

Rice is a top player who not surprisingly wants silverware on his CV.

I think now he has achieved that with European trophy winners West Ham United he has decided the time is right for a nice rest and a period of not winning European silverware, hence the move to Arsenal.

3 Likes