English Premier League Season 2023/24

Rice reminds me of david batty. He will look superb in his new team.

Atb
Kk

Well done very good.

Quite scary that for the upcoming game against Chelsea in the US it’s a sell out and the Wrexham contingent appear to be in the majority.

Bandwagon jumpers? Us? Surely not!

Does this mean there’s nobody left on the streets of Wrexham? The whole town on holiday :grinning:

A city now :slight_smile:

We have started to take decent numbers abroad for pre season but not in those quantities. Our crowds for pre season will be overwhelmingly US based. The numbers are ludicrous and I’ve been genuinely taken aback. If we had those numbers over here we would need a 40 to 50,000 seater stadium.

I personally wouldn’t even contemplate such a trip for pre season games but it takes all sorts.

1 Like

I know it’s a ‘friendly’ and way out of context of the normal run of things but it will be interesting to see how a ‘team’ like Wrexham comes out of a game with a ‘bunch of players’ at Chelsea.

Plus, on tangent, heaven knows what Chelsea’s midfield will look like. There aren’t many left!

If things go to plan Enzo & Caicedo will be a pretty decent partnership.

Arsenal are now in pole position to win a title – that of the club with the muggiest fans. They’ve even overtaken Spuds in that regard.

if you thought that TikTok clip was of cringeworthy quality, you should see the video below on Arsenal Fan TV. Quite rightly, it’s been met with near-universal mockery.

Warning: a strong stomach is needed for this one, folks, so proceed with caution!

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is truly amazing. Is it the same campaign team employed by Rishi?

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s made for an audience of 8-year-old boys (of all ages). So yes, @Jamiewednesday, just like Rishi!

1 Like

Cringe-worthy

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s a bit of a lame attempt at humour but the fact those of you who replied thought it was serious is actually quite funny.

I did think the Only Fools and Horses spoof was quite amusing though.

Well after a week of training and one pre season run out for some players our expectations are understandably set very low indeed. That’s confused somewhat by the almost delirious approach of some of the US based fans and the addition of an American keeper, which is a good reminder this is about eyeballs, merchandise and streams rather than results but I’d like to think that by the time we get to Philadelphia there will be signs of life. Maybe even by the time we play United.

Some fans are predicting a 2-4 loss as the most likely score line. A polite way of saying we’re going to lose by a lot but generally we’ll make a show of it and, hopefully, score. Anything else is a bonus.

Yikes. The lack of humour and humility in that is cringe making. The bit which stands out for me is the predicting he’ll always be available because of his injury record. It manages to simultaneously infer that he’s better than some of the injury prone crocks already at the club have whilst tempting fate in the stupidest most public way possible. Crass.

Don’t get me wrong. I cringe at some of the McElhenney/Reynolds videos but at least there’s humour in there even when the humility has occasionally been lacking e.g. the mini spat with Oldham.

1 Like

That’s a bit of a lame attempt at an excuse.

Embarrassing.

2 Likes

I’ll leave it to the club and Declan himself to say it best and then as they say the last word will be had on the pitch.