English Premier League Season 2023/24

I couldn’t agree more. Good luck tonight @Ravvie I think City winning the League is inevitable, which is just great and keeps the touchline bullies Arteta and Klopp away from the big prize :trophy:

1 Like

It was classy Bob. I don’t care what Bill Shankly said, things like that are more important than football…

2 Likes

Yeah much better that an oil state owned team with 115 financial impropriety charges keep winning it.

Yawn.

2 Likes

Tiresome isn’t it much better to keep whining on about VAR.

Dunno, down in the underground level 1 we don’t have VAR.

Therefore we don’t argue about it!

I see Erling is on form! My cousin will be pleased (he is an ST holder)

The part-timers on here like @Bobthebuilder will never understand I’m afraid…

Haaland is a beast. And, I could watch Foden all day long. That pass for the 4th goal. Wow.

1 Like

TBF, judging by the highlights on MotD, Rice was on fine form as well. Both could be great for Engerland….
I suppose the question is whether Southgate can fit Rice and Foden into the same team, or will we have another Lampard-Gerrard situation.

The question with England is the two centre backs.

Yeah I think Bellingham and Rice have the midfield locked down Foden or Saka might be an issue if Southgate sees Foden as a wide player personally I’d put Foden in front of the midfield behind a front three with a free reign to play right across interchangeable with Kane who likes to drop deeper these days.

Saka right wing with either Grealish, Bowen or Gordon on the left. I agree who will partner John Stones is an issue though Southgate will probably go with ol’ Slab Ed.

2 Likes

I’m not all that sure about Stones. The rest of the team are as good as anybody else and our best for many a year.

Yes that was a nice tribute from both sets of fans.
Both Arsenal and ManC were utterly dominant, though both were on the right end of controversial penalty decisions.
So, here’s a question for you Bob:- Would you rather be a point ahead, with a 6 better goal difference, but played a game more, or in City’s position, where any dropped points could be crucial?

I’d rather be in their position knowing that if we won the next three then we would be Champions.

Hoping they will draw one of those three personally I just can’t see it but you never know.

Four games in recent weeks without Enzo, in all 4 Chelsea have played very well. Says it all…We miss a lot in attack with him and ship goals with him. Without him we seem to get players playing and playing in their best positions. Yet we have played him when fit, because he cost £100M. Should be on the Summer list imo.

Nick Jackson coming good again as I thought and hoped he would. He just looks right and I genuinely think he’s going to be a great goal scorer.

Top 6 finish on the cards if we win all our games and Spurs go, well…Spursy.

Brighton back on track there. Villa pretty ordinary.

Marc Guehi should be fit by Euros

1 Like

We await the Kevster’s comments with interest .

All in all , he leaves them in a better place than when he joined and not many can say that

The Spuds have completely bottled top four spot and are in free fall.

3 Likes

But don’t forget you need the Spursy to do you a favour vs your 2nd fave team Man Citeh :sunglasses:

Bob has absolutely no idea what the term ‘bottling’ means. After all he’s a blind Squatters fan.

And its a desperate attempt to deflect from talk about the ‘invincibles of bottling’. April/May 2023. The Golden Age of bottling.

Simply Spurs have been playing like Accrington Stanley for a long time now. No bottling.