English Premier League Season 2023/24

4 Likes

The Allardyce part of the comparison revolved around the being in a decent position at the halfway stage of the season and the club not trying to strengthen.
Non of it matters much now I suppose.
Moyes has done a remarkable job considering his employers, been a heck of a ride these past few seasons.

1 Like

Palace are as impressive as Man U are schittā€¦ coud be way more than 3ā€“0.

1 Like

Iā€™m at Selhurst watching the glory of Palace over the sh*tshow that is MUFC

6 Likes

4 - 0 wow

1 Like

Yawn.

A furious victory

1 Like

11 Likes

I think that is an old joke given the shirt sponsor. I guess some things never change!

2 Likes

Well done to Crystal Palace fantastic performance the best thing about young progressive managers on the up is that they have the very best talent id and as well as getting the best out of the players they inherit they have a very definite player profile they want to bring in and young up and coming players want to come and play for them.

If the Palace board realise the chance they have here and back Oliver Glasner Crystal Palace could be challenging for a European competition next season. Again well done.

4 Likes

In 2014 Manchester City accepted a Ā£49 million fine and a cap on their Champions League squad for serious breaches of Uefaā€™s FFP rules.

In 2020 for even more serious breaches of Uefa FFP rules Manchester City where banned from European competition for two years and fined another Ā£25 million pounds. The club appealed the sanctions at CAS and through legal arguments and time wasting managed to put off the hearing so that the most serious charges that of self funding sponsorship deals where time barred (older than five years).

The panel actually stated that this self funding sponsorship had taken place but had taken place 5 years before the hearing and was under the rules not admissible. What is even more interesting and astounding is that the three man CAS panel was headed by Rui Botica Santos a Portuguese lawyer recommended to CAS by Manchester City.

The English Premier League was already carrying out itā€™s own investigation and because of the different rules involved can revisit those time barred charges of self funding sponsorship and also the alleged breaches of rules requiring full details of manager remuneration during Roberto Manciniā€™s reign from the 2009/10 to 2012/13 seasons and player remuneration between 2010/11 and 2015/16.

The Premier League also accused the club of not fully co-operating with their investigation, which began in December 2018. This time there is no appeals process to manipulate if the club is found guilty the rulings and any punishments handed down will be final.

I donā€™t understand why supporters who bang on about money ruining the game seem to find this stuff boring and have more energy for VAR decisions.

4 Likes

It was like watching the A team V the reserves, or, rather bizarrely having seen the recent Virgin advert , the thought crossed my mind that this was Mountain Goats :goat: V Sheep :sheep:

Palace lšŸ‘€ked far fitter , more skilful, hungrier , it was like watching an FA cup match where a Premier Team are playing against a team from League 1

Makes the result at Anfield less of a flash in the pan

3 Likes

Over the last month or so I keep saying it can not get any worseā€¦. But Man U unfortunately surprise me. Last night was desperate.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Agreed. It was shocking, but well done Palace who demonstrated everything that United are not, from a talented manager to a cohesive and motivated squad.
United have already allegedly stated that virtually their entire squad is up for sale. Goodness knows what knock-down valuations they are now actually worth, but I do hope that United bite the bullet and move many of them on.
I would keep Shaw, Martinez, McTominay, Fernandes, Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojland and get rid of all the rest of the regular first team squad. Ten Hag and all his back room staff need to go straight after the FA Cup final, whatever the result.
Then itā€™s a 3 year minimum project to start becoming competitive again.

3 Likes

Yes we probably could keep 5 or 6 but the rest need to go and that includes a high number of eth signings. No good moving the manager out if most of the players are still there. Radcliffe is making his changes but letā€™s see him get rid of these footballers with their bullet proof contracts. It will take time or lots of money

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Jim Ratcliffe was a Brexiter and therefore wanted to get out of Europe so ETH is just doing what his boss wants :wink:

13 Likes

The butcher of Amsterdam might get a start in Asda making sausages.

10 Likes

I think Tuchelā€™s late substitutions are gonna kick him in the buttā€¦

Extra time and penalties without your main striker. Oh dear.

Edit. Whoh ! Who needs extra time !!

2 Likes

Some game that and some club Real Madrid. Terrific stadium. History makers. Never know when theyā€™re beat. Owned by members I believe rather than a sports washing country. Hope they go on and win their 15th ECL now although Dortmund would be worthy winners I think and deserve their spot in the final. The gulf between the football on display tonight and what I watch every week is unbridgeable.

2 Likes