English Premier League Season 2023/24

Everton and Nottingham Forest where more badly run than guilty of cheating which is why they were not dealt with more harshly.

The team looking increasingly like adding a fourth consecutive PL title are the real cheats let’s hope the PL have the b**** to punish them properly and that talk of an out of court settlement is just that.

1 Like

Relax, I’ll yawn for you @Andyblain

:rofl:

3 Likes

I’m seriously worried that ‘when’ Citeh wrap up the League, our OP will suffer from spontaneous combustion…

3 Likes

Lots of clubs throughout the leagues are badly run, my own included. Forest and Everton cheated. Rationalising cheating at the tail end of the league helps no one & doesn’t make whatever City have or have not been up to any worse.

But it fits the Arsenal narrative.

Oops, did I mention Arsenal… sorry :grin:

He won’t be the only one. It’s the triumph of the dark side.

Both Everton and Nottingham Forest where found guilty of amassing losses of more than £35 million per season over a three year period. Both clubs gambled on the fact that by overspending on players they would finish high enough in the league and Everton’s case high enough to gain European football and so make enough money to cover the expenditure.

It was a gamble that like many, many businesses didn’t pay off and so they fell foul of the Premier Leagues profit and sustainability rules. As with most businesses football clubs have to spend money to make money there are rules though that dictate how much a club can loose over a three year period.

What Manchester City have done is very, very different to boost incomings and so cover their losses and evade the Premier League’s Financial Fair Play rules they are accused amongst hundreds of charges of paying Etihad Airways and Estilat Communications through third parties hundreds of millions of pounds that those companies then gave back to the club as sponsorship.

They are also accused of again to circumvent FFP rules of paying a large portion over half of Roberto Mancini’s salary by Al Jizira a football club that was also under the control of the Abu Dhabi United Group which is the ultimate owner of City via the City Football Group. Mancini was alleged to have been paid £1.75 million annually as a consultancy fee for Al Jazira on top of his £1.45 million salary at City.

Those are just some of the 115 breaches Manchester City are accused of by the Premier League.

1 Like

The way the rules are set seem to be a prelude to a closed shop.

It sure I can bring myself to watch the game this afternoon and spoil what has been a belter of of a weekend! If it’s not double figures that could be a success!

Atb
Kk

Agent @keanoking , you and your lot were given just one simple task today.

You failed.

A trip to the nearest Gulag is on the cards.

2 Likes

Let’s face it, one nil to the One-Nillers and another Old Trafford defeat for ManU was a forgone conclusion today.

Sorry wugged. But we did provide a lovely shower for them after.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

“Come on, Tottenham !” says Havertz apparently.

He’s got more chance of winning the Euro Lottery… :rofl:

I reckon a draw between Spurs & City and ARSEnal win the league on goal difference :flushed:

As my mum would say, ‘go wash your mouth out with soap and water’…

IMG_0964

C’mon The Spuds!

1 Like

Regardless of The Spuds result tonight we will go into the final day of the season with a chance of winning the PL title after neither of our two closest rivals have managed to beat us home or away.

What Mikel Arteta has done with my club since taking over is nothing short of brilliant. He has built a squad who on their day are capable of beating any team and has brought the fan base and club back together.

6 Likes

How did it feel writing that :thinking:

1 Like