English Premier League Season 2023/24

As Bob Dylan said “I don’t believe you !!”

It’s only hypothetical of course as I’m almost certain I’ll never find myself in that position.

A very interesting fact regarding the Spuds is that since the Premier League began only The Cheats, Chelsea and Man U have spent more money.

As we all know by fair means or foul the other three have all won Champions Leagues, Premier Leagues, FA Cups, Super Cups, World Club Cups and League Cups.

The Spuds have won 2 League Cups and an Audi Cup and oh might have helped Arsenal not win a Premiership.

Over the past 10 years, Arsenal are 4th biggest spender, us lot 6th. Yes, we haven’t been good at the spending game, however…

You’ve spent 1.38 billion trying to buy the league and failed.

Arteta in !!

1 Like

I would like to think my Team (the mighty Fulham) has had some influence on the title this year, taking four points off Arsenal :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the 6 points and 9 goals you gave The Cheats.

Yes… probably witnessed the best team in the world demolish us in both games. I was there watching home and away. Man city are on another planet so no dishonour in losing. That said it took a dodgy refereeing decision up at the Etihad for city to retake the lead.
City will deservedly win, basically because they play incredible football. Now whether that’s somehow by cheating FFP is another matter? Them and the bunch down the road that play in blue.

Exactly right which is why I really praise Mikel for not loosing to them over 3 matches this season 2 wins and a draw.

I praise Mikel for losing to Newcastle, Fulham, Aston Villa and West Ham instead :rofl:

Arteta in !!!

2 Likes

Final day of the season tomorrow and it would be great if over the next week all of you could post your thoughts both on your own teams and the season as a whole.

It would be nice if we could leave all the banter aside for once and have some good honest content to discuss and read.

2 Likes

I’m obviously praying that Mikel’s old friend and mentor David Moyes can for his last game in charge of West Ham pull one out of the bag.

Even if he does The Arsenal are still up against a formidable opponent tomorrow in Everton four wins and a draw in their last five it will be no push over.

It’s a funny old game sometimes and Mikel has to defeat his old club and hope his old friend can beat one of his best friends and ex colleagues to bring the PL trophy to the Emirates for the first time.

And VAR doesn’t mess it up!!

2 Likes

Looks like De Zerbi is leaving BHA after tomorrows match

2 Likes

Where’s he going Man U, West Ham, Chelsea?

Or Bayern (hopefully not Chelsea and I want Poch to stay)…plus who will replace him Tuchel, Amorim?

Strong rumours are Tuchel is going to West Ham. Brighton have a history of unearthing young upcoming managers can’t see them going for Tuchel though Amorin would be a good fit.

2 Likes

Where on earth did you get that from?

Tea leaves

1 Like

Both of those “stories” are nearly a month old and neither of those publications are regarded as particularly reliable Bob…