English Premier League Season 2023/24

What a nice away kit🤔

1 Like

That would explain Arsenal’s pre-match nutrition regime of turmeric soy decaf lattes and organic quinoa Buddha bowls

1 Like

Reminds me of the camouflage used on ships in WW1.

1 Like

Apparently Arteta wears green underpants!

And Bukayo Saka likes English Breakfast tea though not for his breakfast.

Islington roots ???

Trump tells Russians Firing Comey takes Pressure off Russian Probe ...

Arsenal’s marketing department (and players, apparently) doesn’t even know about their own club :rofl:

4 Likes

It is rather vile…

1 Like

Perhaps that would be “Islington, near Woolwich”. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, right.

Ice Ice Baby!!

Good to see my boys taking control of a game and laying down a marker for the coming season. Not.

Ah well, after all, we are playing the European champions. We are allowed to lose.

Oh, Harry subbed ? Harry ! Harry ! Come back Harry ! HARRY !!!

What do you mean auf wiedersehen ?

1 Like

So, three pre-season friendlies so far for European trophy winners West Ham. Three victories, with a total of 13 goals scored.

Latest victims put to the sword: Postecoglou’s hapless Spuds.

2 Likes

New keeper for united. Could be very interesting to watch this season. De gea was never any good with the ball at his feet unless stopping shots. Again, a signing with a playing style suited to eth.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Yep, hapless. We were so outplayed…

Kind of supports my Luddite contention that so-called stats and football are uneasy bedfellows.

1 Like

Nah. Spurs and football are uneasy bedfellows…

3 Likes

Made me laugh that Van de Beek scored. I’d forgetten he existed

1 Like

Both Declan Rice and Jurrien Timber made their Arsenal debuts last night in during a 5-0 win over the MLS All Stars in Washington, Kai Havertz scored his first Arsenal goal with a wicked volley yes it’s only pre season but I can’t see Mikel putting up with that lazy, languid style of his for too long but he did score.

Just a word on Major League Soccer they are packing out stadiums over there now and with the likes of Messi and his old Barcelona mates turning up the profile will be take a massive boost but it’s a case of less razzamatazz more action for me.

The previous night the Audi Stadium was sold out for a skills challenge (it’s an American thing) between Arsenal and MLS, the support there for British teams is massive and you can see why these US Billionaires have been investing heavily in the game here.

Back to football Arsenal take on Man U on Saturday night a 10pm kick off for anyone who is interested which should be a better workout for both teams.

1 Like

No bonus then.

Didn’t stay up for the match and have only seen some crappy you tube highlights but looked like an open game. Too open for Wrexham it seems…

Average player age for Chelsea was 19 so even in a sweltering stadium their energy levels came in handy I guess.

I didn’t stay up either but my eighteen year old did and his match report seems to square with what’s on the club web site i.e. we matched Chelsea and created chances in the first half but they scored from the only two chances they had. Second half the superior fitness began to tell but the game turned with three goals the last nine minutes after a flurry of subs from both sides. Our players were far from despondent. Club captain thought it was a great second workout and that we’d held our own. Despite the final score line our two keepers didn’t have much more to do bar picking the ball out of the net.

I’ll watch the highlights on S4C tonight.