English Premier League Season 2023/24

Thanks everyone I take all the banter and p*** taking as a compliment.

2 Likes

Indeed and remember you have won the same as my team this seasonā€¦Zero! Oh least we made to a final and did an ARSEnal :flushed::joy:

And farewell to Jurgen a man of real talent and charisma Auf Wiedersehen Jurgen and good luck.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in pain :joy::joy:

1 Like

Right Bob, here goesā€¦ My view on the Top 8 finishersā€¦

Man City - The best team. Very professional, efficient with quality throughout the team. Worthy winners.

Arsenal - A better effort than last year, but just fell short. Some great individuals but not having a goalscorer has cost them. Buying one has to be a priority this summer (not Isak, obviously :grinning:).

Liverpool - Fell away from the title race but a decent season. Replacing Klopp and Salah may mean a period of transition.

Aston Villa - Brilliant season with CL qualification. As is the case with my team, next season will include more challenges.

Spurs - A ā€˜game of two halfsā€™. Up until Christmas
They were the best team in the league to watch, but fell away.

Chelsea - strong finish, and a good coach, but a squad full of misfits (aside from the brilliant Palmer). A big summer ahead and I foresee a big clear out.

NUFC - First season back in Europe and with that, the FFP spending restrictions and the ridiculous injury situation, 7th place represents a fantastic season. Well done Eddie. Hopefully European qualification and a strong summer ahead.

Man United - their worst ever PL finishing position, and their worst league placing for 30 years. A shambles of a club and a huge rebuilding project ahead.

8 Likes

Thanks Andy an honest view on the league it would be nice if other members could be as honest.

2 Likes

Last nights Chicken Vindaloo ?

:grinning:

:joy::joy:

The money cheats cone first, the on field cheats come second. The beautiful game my armpit

1 Like

A suitable end to Herr Kloppā€™s tenure at Liverpool, proof that there is no letter i in the word team

I think they won every trophy but the Europa League, and unlike City were enjoyable to watch.

Those are going to be big boots to fill

2 Likes

I agree 100%.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame the season doesnā€™t last a few more rounds from Crystal Palaceā€™s point of view. I hope the bloodletting at CPFC wonā€™t be too big for Glasner. Great 10th place in the end.

2 Likes

A fair assessment Andy.
I donā€™t share Ianā€™s view that City arenā€™t enjoyable to watch.
Regarding Arsenal, itā€™s a shame (for them and Bob) that they werenā€™t able to put a very ordinary Everton side to the sword, at home. If Arsenal had been winning comfortably early in that second half, nerves would have been shredded at the Etihad, and who knows what might have happened.

2 Likes

A brief summary of Spurs this season. Not my original words, but posted on another site by a Spurs man. I couldnā€™t have put it better myself so I hope he doesnā€™t mind me nicking itā€¦

"Weā€™ve managed to get 6 more points than last season after losing a player that contributed to almost half of our goals in the previous campaign.

In terms of underlying numbers, we went from a +6 xG differential to a +5 one. Small difference.

Weā€™ve scored more, but also conceded more.

Weā€™ve not been as good as the start of the season would suggest, but weā€™ve not been as bad as our last few weeks.

We need an upgrade in midfield (and up front - thatā€™s me), especially in terms of physicality which should also help with our set pieces.

With additional Europa games (and plenty of them), we also need lots of depth.

Difficult season ahead of us."

With regard to the 115 charges against Man City, can someone here post a factually correct summary of when this will be sorted out, and what the possible ramifications might be?
All Iā€™ve seen, on this and other forums, is supporter-biased comments and jibes (from both sides), often claiming diametrically opposing ā€œfactsā€.
Given the punishments already issued to Everton and Notts Forest for example, it does seem ridiculous how long this is dragging on.
In particular, is there definitive knowledge on whether any ramifications could be purely financial, points deduction in a future season, or any real possibility of trophies being taken away retrospectively?

Premier League Chief Executive has stated the hearing is scheduled for September/October with conclusion in the spring.

Evertonā€™s charges where only two and where admitted bearing that in mind 115 charges fully denied and challenged will drag on.

If found guilty then the punishment should be way in excess of Evertons 10 points

Seems this fell on deaf ears :rofl:

Canā€™t comment.

Though if Citrh are fined 10,000 GBP, the whole of the Emirates Stadium will spontaneously combustā€¦

Thatā€™s a fact, Steve. Honest.

1 Like
1 Like

Clubs, coaches and players continuously harp on about the congested schedules that they have - too many matches they moan. The health of the players is at risk they cry.

And here we are, this week Spurs (yes, I admit, my lot) and Newcastle are flying all the way to Australia to play a friendly game.

Such hypocrisy.

2 Likes