English Premier League Season 2023/24

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

2 Likes

Well I got three of the Top 4 correct, 2 in their finishing placesā€¦how did others fair?

P.S I canā€™t believe how much TH has fxxked up Man U and credit to Captain Black and his boys on taking City to the last day.

1 Like

OK, now to the real and proper business end of the season.

The winner of the unofficial Naim Forum Fantasy League 2023-24 isā€¦.

ā€¦Me!

Congratulations Me. Thoroughly deserved imo.

6 Likes

I was going great guns until I activated the wrong thing, i.e. thought i was changing all of my team for one weekā€¦but was a full time changeā€¦should have read the rules etc :flushed:

1 Like

I learned from my many mistakes as the season progressed, but couldnā€™t get out of 12th place. Automatic relegation for me!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure about Spursā€™ justification Woy, but for Newcastle this is a marketing ploy, pure and simple.

The Saudis are trying to raise the profile of the club in all corners of the globe. USA last Summer, Japan this summer, and flying to Australia within 24 hours of the season ending.

Ridiculous! But they seem to have an unswerving determination to drive up commercial revenues in all corners of the world. If we get into the Conference League, the players will be knackered when they start playing games in Julyā€‹:rofl::black_heart::white_heart:

3 Likes

And weā€™re glad they are. Revenue from massive tv rights and mugs like us staying up all night to watch live and paying for the privilege helps keep those poor things in their Ranger Rovers and Bentleys.

I donā€™t feel sorry for them at all also half the time they send 2nd string players anyway.

3 Likes

Not sure that Newcastle have that many second string players as the entire team seem to be auditioning for the walking wounded

They sort of collapsed mid way through the season , they should have been fifth or sixth .

1 Like

Thing here is they still sellout. We donā€™t get to real class football and thereā€™s always a lot of expats

1 Like

Thatā€™s because I ā€œparked the busā€ to consolidate in 11th! I must read the rules properly next time. I kept switching players and then forgetting to save the team! Next season will be betterā€¦.

1 Like

14 Likes

It was a good little league. I think even the teams in 11th and 12th place were in the top 50% of all 11m participating, so all teams in the league did well.

2 Likes

Without the biblical injury crisis, we would have challenged for Champions League. Iā€™m convinced of that. Anyway, weā€™ve got our first major signing of the summer - Tonali. Ā£60m and he is effectively a new player for us.

You are absolutely spot on though. Injuries have exposed the lack of depth in the squad. Some of those players (Dummett, Ritchie, Lascelles) should be nowhere near a PL First Team squad. I see a big clear out coming in the weeks aheadā€¦

1 Like

It wasnā€™t all bad - you had the away win at Sunderlandā€¦

I hope you donā€™t mind me saying but on balance Newcastle may do better in the Europa League than in the Champions League

Mind, Iā€™ve just noticed I lost the cup final. Booo :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Key Reason Why Man City Won the Premier League

By sheer chance this is where I parked the car last Sunday on the way to the Etihad. Mrs R decided it was a good omen so took this photo:

Sure enough, Phil Foden scored two goals within the first 20 minutes.

You may be right Ian. Hereā€™s hoping :crossed_fingers:If we do qualify for the Europa Conference it should give the opportunity to visit some new European grounds.

1 Like

Believe me, visiting the likes of Gornik Zabrze on a wet Thursday night is ten times worse than Stokeā€¦

1 Like

I made so many rookie errors. Iā€™m setting my sights on 10th place next season :grinning:

1 Like

5 Likes