English Premier League Season 2023/24

I’m delighted with the signing of Harvey Barnes, who is on Tyneside for a medical.

I know it will signal the exit of Saint Maximin, but that is mainly down to FFP compliance reasons, and Barnes will be a more consistent prospect. He is an excellent prospect who could be a regular first teamer for years to come.

5 Likes

Very good player with huge potential.

1 Like

I agree that Barnes will fit the team better. ASM certainly had his moments of brilliance but I think it is time for a parting of the ways, pastures new and all that.

1 Like

Will Anthony Gordon be revved up this year?. Did well in the Euros

It seems that building a squad from young players is the way forward for many of the bigger sides and what is very noticeable is that The Cheats are sticking with a middle to older aged squad so far this window though their presence in the Euros winning Under 21 squad was quite noticeable.

They are of course the team to beat again this and probably next season but I believe the key to knocking them off the top is the rest of the so called top six or seven clubs competing much more in the next few seasons than they have.

More than just a pre season game tonight when Arsenal meet Man Utd at the MetLife in New York City. KO time 22pm.

I don’t think it’s more than a pre season game.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

This IS pre season, isn’t it ? I’ll just check…

I’ll remember that if you win.

Chelsea v Brighton later.

Perhaps they’ll just swap players between the two teams over the 90 minutes and see what fits! Saves time in the long run.

2 Likes

Remember there is a “Sky Award’ for the winner :flushed::joy:

2 Likes

Bob’s ordered the open-top bus already.

4 Likes

David your banter is on par with your team’s football boring and predictable.

You could well be right :rofl::rofl:

No Sky award for that tame reply Bob :joy:

I never pay any attention to pre season. Good or bad means nothing. Charity shield the same.

Sky awards however….

Atb
Kk

Personally I love pre season at this point I’m usually suffering from football withdrawals and I love getting a look at the mixture of youth and new signings.

And the way the Premier League is these days a slow start can be terminal so match fitness is a must.

1 Like

A slow finish is worse

5 Likes

There is a massive sense of nobody like us we don’t care amongst Arsenal fans because we all know the club must be on the right path.

I dislike and banter the Spuds just because that’s how it is. United because of history but I don’t hate either in the way I hate the Cheats and to a lesser degree Liverpool because I do not fear them or any other club but n the way I do Liverpool and the Cheats.

That is another poor attempt at banter back to banter school for you.

I would much prefer to loose the title at the end of the season after watching some beautiful football and except for the team that beat us to the title and a relegated team beating everyone else at least once.

I can tell you from experience loosing your first three games without scoring a goal and finding yourself bottom of the league is much, much worse.