English Premier League Season 2023/24

Easy…thats my first one…and clearly i won’t bottle the challenge :joy: (1/5)

Having watched the game I thought BHA looked really good for their first pre season match, played some nice football thou missed Dunk or Colwill. The result flattered Chelsea as they looked like they had only played together for a few weeks (which we know to be true), however, good for the new boys to get a feel of what a prem match could be like. (3/5)

@Bobthebuilder I have completed 5 posts without mentioning the ‘A’ word, I have numbered them for your reference :flushed: please let me know if I can mention the ‘A’ word moving forward :joy:

2 Likes

Can he use other words, like Gooners, squatters, bottlers ?

4 Likes

I don’t think other forums count, Dave… :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, Chelsea management and players kept saying things like that at the start of the warm up games and then the Prem last season. Then carried on not scoring goals all the way through to May. They’ve now scored 9 in 2. If they could find somewhere to send Sterling, that goal ratio could even go up!

Nicolas Jackson looks the mutts…

I see your boys had a better result!

It’s official - Wilf Zaha due to sign with Galatasaray today and leave Palace after spending last 8 seasons with us. Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand he had become increasingly temperamental ( will it be ‘brilliant’ Wilf or ‘sulky’ Wilf today), starting to become injury prone and the proposed offer of £200k/wk for next season was silly money for a club like Palace. On the other hand, when on form he was absolutely brilliant and saved our bacon ( and premiership status) countless times.
However, we were winning matches at the end of last season without him ( previously unthinkable) due to our exciting young players, particularly Eze and Olise, so time to properly build the team around them.
Good luck Wilf and I hope you get some of that European silverware that you’re after.

Brilliant player on his day I had hoped he might sign for us a couple of seasons back.

1 Like

Poch has a lot to do but he knows what he’s doing and will get there provided he works with Todd rather than against him. Very impressed with the Nkunku and Jackson. Having watched the highlights of our match I made it ten Chelsea chances to our four so a fair result really and we played as much good stuff as they did.

Granted our win was against an alleged Galaxy second eleven but their fitness levels mod season should have done for us. In reality we ripped them to pieces repeatedly and had two other goals disallowed.

An odd decision really.

For all the talk of a lack of protection for Wilf the reality for me was that he’d long since drifted into Bale territory where he himself could no longer recognise the dividing line between an actual foul and creative invitation to touch him so he could fall dramatically. A real sense, as with Bale, that of he just stood up his injury record could have improved significantly.

Galatasaray is an odd one though. If the attraction is the Champions League then that could be over inside two games. There were better options in terms of repeat qualification and he’s not going to be a better standard of football.

I’ll give him a month before his first red.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you on either count. I’m not sure how well he will be treated by Galatasaray fans. Good on him though for not taking the Saudi petrodollar

2 Likes

Um…Olise?

Being a bit thick here. Not sure what your point is?

Chelsea agreed personal terms and submitted bid for £31M

Oh - I didn’t know that. That would be a real shame for us if goes through. He is a very good player

Just seen on Grauniad that Citeh also involved so TB may up offer to £39M

I think its a shame to lose him from the Premier League

1 Like

Can’t see him picking Chelsea over The Cheats if it’s up to him or is it just the highest bidder. I

Given his love of scoring against us. I can only express relief.

Though I did think he was a bit average last season. So maybe his time had come

1 Like

RIP Trevor Francis. Great striker in his day and, from what I gather, a super bloke too.

One of those players that everyone (from all fan bases) liked.

5 Likes